Great line from College Football News...

GMan

Instant Analysis of the VT-Miami game...

"Virginia Tech did it all against the odds in 2004, capping its tremendous season with a particularly memorable effort against Miami, a program synonymous with college football royalty. Saturday in the Orange Bowl, a violent dethroning took place, and a new king rose to power in a newly-shaped conference."

[ QUOTE ]

Instant Analysis of the VT-Miami game...

"Virginia Tech did it all against the odds in 2004, capping its tremendous season with a particularly memorable effort against Miami, a program synonymous with college football royalty. Saturday in the Orange Bowl, a violent dethroning took place, and a new king rose to power in a newly-shaped conference."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold it...Hold it. Tech is following a familiar pattern that's been forming for a few years now. Great defense and a third year starting quarterback.

Case in point Aururn, third year starting QB. VA Tech Randell is in his third year starting. The last two years, LSU wins with a guy that started on and off for three years (Matt Mock). And the year before that, Ken Dorsey took Miami to the second of two straight title games in his second and third year starting. Put that with the fact that all of the teams that I listed had of have suffocating run defense and you have a championship contender.

Tech is not "storming the Bastille", they are following a developing pattern in college football. The signs are pointing toward USC for next year, is Matt Linehart dosen't leave early for the NFL, and toward Florida (Chris Leak) if Urban Meyer plans on playing defense. (Oh please, oh please, oh please!)

I think Leak has one of the sweetest passes in college. I haven't seen all of his passes, but I don't think I've ever seen one leave his hand that wasn't a tight spiral. He threw the same way in High School....speaking of Independence High, they go for their 5th straight state championship this weekend.

I don't really know. I moved back to Richlands a few months ago, I haven't been able to keep up with Independence. They play South View tomorrow at 4:30 in Chapel Hill. I'm sure they will be favored to win. I think there average score this year was 56-3 or something close.