Grundy SWD CHAMPS?

OFISHE8

Grundy had strong opening game last night. I felt their guard play and depth will help lead them to a district championship this year. Coach Mounts always has a disciplined team and they showed Clintwood that the SWD will be the best district in the area this year. When I saw how Theo Justus played last night--WOW what a floor general!! Good Luck WAVE!!

I agree that the SWD will be the best basketball district in the area but you can't say that Grundy is the best team. The reason this will be the best district is because it is so wide open. And personally I think Tazewell will win it all this year. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

Grundy may have a good team, but Tazewell has a very talented and experienced team. And it is producing one of the best JV teams from 2 years ago that feel 2 pts short of winning the championship. Tazewell will be a force as well.

Hey dont get carried away with 1 win just yet 24, cause that doesnt mean nothing. Just hold back we are supposed to be the suprise this year not the favorite so let Grundy go ahead to the top then we can surpass them once we play! grin.gif

Smell ya lata... wink.gif

a disciplined team. who the heck have you been watching? they play no defense, run no plays, get more out of playing during lunch than after school. no one uses the backboard, no one blocks out, no in bound plays. so if they are picked to win the district, it must be awful weak.

You didn't watch the same game I did. Every Grundy team since Stretch took over has been well coached and fundamentally sound. If Twin Valley wouldn't have recruited the Vandyke boy, Grundy would be State bound.

stretch and well coached should not be used in the same sentence. he has wasted more talent at grundy than anyone has had in years. just ask the coaches in the area, they think he is a joke. good man, but little league coach. i guess you missed the article by your local newspaper guy on the upcoming season. as for k.t. , he needs to go somewhere besides grundy. he was the worst case of no defense. council coach did not want him at council. he should know quality. twin valley, he will not be happy there either.

I agree...they should have let Mounts go when they had the chance. Vandyke is a non factor in this discussion as far as I am concerned...when you talk about problems with Grundy basketball you start with the Varsity coach and work your way back from there, until that gets fixed they can have all of the talent in the world and it wont matter. The sad part is the kids that won't play or try out because of the current situation...there is a lot more talent at Grundy that would rather not fool with it than waste time playing for the current coach...and thats just the way it is, like it or not. They have a great group of kids, and I'm sure they like the coach and all that, but...he's just not the answer for Grundy High basketball. They need change from 8th grade up...there are some good people in the system...but there are a lot of things that need to change.

could not had said it better. there is at least six or seven kids walking the halls who could put grundy over the top. they will not play for the current coaches. it is all politics concerning basketball. from the past school board, to the supervisors putting in their input.

If there are 6 or 7 players that could help us out I would like to know their names. The only person that I know could help us would be Aaron Marcum just because of his physical ability to rebound that would be it. Remember that was our first game our defense and offense will get better. As for coaching I can't say anything bad about any of my coaches from Coach Plymal, Coach Compton, Coach Rowe and Coach Mounts etc. I have respect for all my coaches!

Smell ya Jan.6 lol.

wink.gif

Now dont be takin my sayin Theo and when we play I hope its a good game as I expect it to be. I remember playin all those AAU games against u and the Black Diamond team and always seemed to have got us. Its bout time for us to take some victories. Good luck on your season.

Smell ya lata... wink.gif