To all those who thought.....

MavsRock

you wouldn't have the priviledge of hearing from me until Christmas, don't fear, hear I am. No I wasn't real happy about Bluefield winning state (as painful as that is to say), but it wasn't some kind of a low point in my life. Anyway, I will congradulate Bluefield's team on winning the big game. They were obviously the better team up there, and deserved to win that game. That must have benn the football gods' way of giving penance to Bluefield fans who went to Wheeling in 99, 02, and '03, especially 99. Bluefield did beat a real good team, Wayne just made WAY to many mistakes. Even without the turnovers I still believe Bluefield would've won by around 20 points, but it is what it is. Bluefield's team worked hard in every game, and earned this title. See ya in 2005.

Last night i was watching the 03' bluefield-poca game

and i was thinking to myself when we fumbled the ball and they fell on it to win the game in ot, i thought well big deal we won this year. But something inside of me still made me feel like crap every time i watch that game over and over.....i guess this years championship win will never make up for last years terrible loss

I said last year's defeat to Poca in the state title game was the most devastating loss I've ever experienced as a sports fan; that still holds true today. Winning the state title this season does help with the bad memories, but I'll never forget that feeling from 2003.

It was kinda a shock last year

Because we had just scored and we thought we were back in it! Everyone was jumping up and down and had a huge smile on there faces! And then when we missed the snap and when i saw Poca fall on the ball! I fell on my knees and just watched them celebrate! The most painful memory i ever had in football