Congrats to Heath Miller

ThatDude

A round of applause goes out to Heath Miller on being named 1st Team All-American.

Not only that, but he won the John Mackey Award presented to the college football's top tight end.

It should be his second, but I won't suck on sour grapes.

In any case, congrats to Heath on the well deserved awards!

I echo the same sentiments, that this should be his second Mackey award. This year was a "down" season for him, especially after last season, and especially after UVA chooses to run the ball seventy-eight percent of the time. His hard work has certainly paid off to this point, and I hope whatever lies ahead of him is blessed!

Way to go, Heath!

no one is not even sure if he will go pro. in the book that you get when you walk in the door at the game against Miami, he said he was goin to stay. so, hopefully he goes and dosent risk getting injured. anyways i give him all my appreciation and luck throughout his career. a great quarterback turns into a great tight end, that is weird.

-------------------------

Go UVA! MPC computers bowl (could have got better)

Go #89 Heath Miller: 1 team all-american and Mackey award winner.

I do believe Heath will stay his senior year. UVA has always done a fantastic job of retaining players from all sports for the fourth year. An injury could hurt him, and I surely hope that does not happen; it concerns me that he has fared so well up until this point, almost like I am waiting for the bad luck. I wish him the best, and a successful bowl game and next season, whereever it may be.

You really cant plan when you get drafted. Its just who needs what in a certian posistion or a back-up and things like that

hopefully that statment wont be true, I'd rather see him play on a team closer to home such as the panthers or browns, but i guess we can always watch him on television or at away games

That's true but I think teams do call players to let them know they want them if they get the chance.

I'd like to see him play closer to home too. I'm not a big NFL fan anymore but I like watvhing local guys and Hokies play.

Indeed, it is so difficult to predict where a player will be drafted (just ask Philip Rivers). Miller has said on many occasions (most notably after the Miami/UVA game) that he was staying for another year. I would like him to go to the Redskins, personally, who may be one game out of the playoffs after tonight. With UVA's retention rate at 92%, and Miller's spoken dedication to UVA, I just do not see him going this year.

I wouldnt mind seeing him in a dolphing uniform, they have a struggling offense and maybe if they get a 2nd pick they will get jason white, or matt lienart.....that would be a start then get a good wide reciever, and a runnning back and i say they'll be a average team next season. Miller would be a nice new edition to the dolphins team

first of all, being his cousin i should know where he is goin. he got a book that said "why wait now, you could lose up to 6.5 million dollars on his contract." so, i dont know whether he will go or stay. he dosent say much of nothing, but i dont think he will stay because he could lose up to 6.5 million. second of all, it said how many teams need a tight end. the top three were Washington Redskins, San Deigo Chargers (Gates is a free-agent), and the other one i cant remember. he has a great chance at starting as a rookie which would be great.also, someone, said on the news that he was staying. but, you cant always beleive the news.lol. so, i think he will go pro instead of staying.

Michael Vick said he was staying but changed his mind when he realized he could have a career ending injury and never see all that money. Even if there was no chance of getting hurt it has to be hard to wait another year for 6.5 million dollars.