BEST QB-BRAD ROBBINS

BEST RB-CAIN-GARON-TYRONE MITCHELL

BEST "O" LINEMEN 77 TAZEWELL (VANCE?)

BEST "D" LINEMEN JONES GATE CITY

BEST LB- A MARCUM-GRUNDY MUNCEY TAZ LOCKETT-VHS

BEST DB TRAVIS TATUM RICHLANDS

BEST "O"-GRUNDY-POWELL VALLEY

BEST "D"-RICHLANDS

COACH OF THE YEAR-B WYATT (1-9 TO STATE SEMI'S)

BIGGEST UPSET-VA HIGH OVER GURNDY

CINDERALLA TEAM-TAZEWELL

BEST FANS- RICHLANDS

BEST QUOTE- CC COACH REFERING TO GRUNDY'S FIELD-- THEY HAVE A MILLION DOLLAR FIELD HOUSE AND A TWO CENT FIELD. (I THINK THAT IS RIGHT)

LET'S GET READY FOR 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<font color="orange"> </font> <font color="orange"> </font>

I thought this post might be about some legit awards but it sounds like it is personal opinion, which is totally fine. Likewise, I'm entitled to mine as well, so I'll just dissect a few of what I agree and disagree with, lol.

2004 FOOTBALL AWARDS SOUTHWEST VA

BEST TEAM-RICHLANDS- I can't argue against that, they made it to the semis and lost a hard-fought game to Salem, who won the championship.

BEST GAME-GATE CITY AND POWELL VALLEY-I couldn't make it in for the Grundy game that weekend, so I rode down a little way to watch this game. It's definitely a candidate for game of the year. PV was dominating the first half but GC came back and made it interesting. The attendance was estimated to be around 8,000 people. I only wish I would have won the half/half ticket too though. $1260 frown.gif

BEST "O" PLAYER-CAIN RINGSTAFF-He won the offensive player of the year, but you have to give my boy G. Marcum some credit as well. I won't launch into a big argument,you can read the other posts for the stats comparison. I do know one thing though, next year will be his year and there will be no denying it.

BEST "D" PLAYER-TRAVIS TATUM AND A. MARCUM-No arguments here except for one thing. Colby Owens, the defensive player of the year, should be in there somewhere, don't you think? crazy.gif He really stepped it up this year. Combine him and arguably the best LB in SWVA, A. Marcum made our defense pretty damn good I think.

BEST QB-BRAD ROBBINS-Good armed QB that really improved his game, especially since slimming down some weight made him a scrambling QB. He scrambled for at least a couple of first downs that were crucial to the win at GC during the season.

BEST RB-CAIN-GARON-TYRONE MITCHELL-I know you got to throw your vote to your RB Tyrone of course. Of course, I've got to throw my vote to Garon. And I'm sure the Richlands folk will throw their vote to Cain. At least you included all three of them, haha.

BEST "O" LINEMEN 77 TAZEWELL (VANCE?)-I'll throw in a couple more, Breck Stiltner and Matt Lee from Grundy.

BEST "D" LINEMEN JONES GATE CITY-Add DE Colby Owens (Grundy)

BEST LB- A MARCUM-GRUNDY MUNCEY TAZ LOCKETT-VHS-You already know the answer to this one, first guy you said.

BEST DB TRAVIS TATUM RICHLANDS-I didn't see Tatum play but one game this year so I can't really made a fair judgment. I'll add G. Marcum at CB, most people don't realize it, but he's a good defensive player as well.

BEST "O"-GRUNDY-POWELL VALLEY-No arguments there.

BEST "D"-RICHLANDS-I can't really argue with that either, much as I'd like to, lol. j/k

COACH OF THE YEAR-B WYATT (1-9 TO STATE SEMI'S)-No argument there, he is definitely deserving.

BIGGEST UPSET-VA HIGH OVER GURNDY-I'm sure you meant Grundy, and seeing as you are a VHS guy, I'm going to start typing on this one before my head starts spinning like on The Exorcist and I start cussin' like a sailor. I'm still very bitter over this one.

CINDERALLA TEAM-TAZEWELL-True, they way surpassed everyone's expectations with a trip to the State Semis.

BEST FANS- RICHLANDS-I don't know about this one. I mean no disrespect to Richlands fans because I'm sure they are good and devoted in their own right, but after being to a Gate City game, that just blew my mind. Fireworks, crowd noise (cheering, cowbells, airhorns), the sea of blue shirts, reserved seating, and huge attendance, all of that actually made me jealous. It's the closest college-like atmosphere at a high school football game in SWVA. I'd like to see other teams' fans show this much support.

BEST QUOTE- CC COACH REFERING TO GRUNDY'S FIELD-- THEY HAVE A MILLION DOLLAR FIELD HOUSE AND A TWO CENT FIELD. (I THINK THAT IS RIGHT)-Well initially after this quote was made, I took offense, but sadly there was a grain of truth to it. I would really like to see some improvements made to the field in the near future. It hurt us a lot more in retrospect. But both teams played on the same field that night, and the better team came out with the W. I don't care if we played on turf at the Georgia Dome, Grundy still would have beaten CC.

It's going to be a long off-season again. This season went by too fast for sure.

BEST TEAM-Powell Valley

BEST GAME-Gate City - Honaker Round 1 of playoffs

BEST "O" PLAYER-Brad Robbins - PV

BEST "D" PLAYER-Travis Tatum - Richlands

BEST QB- Thad Wells -Richlands(did the most for his team)

BEST RB- Ringstaff - Richlands/G Marcum - Grundy

BEST "O" LINEMEN- Jake Evans - Tazewell

BEST "D" LINEMEN - Jones - Gate City

BEST LB- Mark Muncey - Tazewell

BEST DB - Tatum - Richlands

BEST "O"- Grundy/Powell Valley

BEST "D"- Richlands

COACH OF THE YEAR-Wyatt

BIGGEST UPSET- VA High over Grundy

CINDERALLA TEAM- Tazewell

BEST FANS- Gate City

BEST QUOTE- "Sometimes things just don't work out. That's one of the lessons of football." Cagle Juhan -Powell Valley

BEST TEAM - Richlands

BEST GAME - Magna Vista @ Richlands

BEST "O" PLAYER - Cain Ringstaff - Richlands (Most valuble to his team)

BEST "D" PLAYER - Travis Tatum - Richlands (Heat seeking missle)

BEST QB - Casey Lawson - Carroll County

BEST RB - Garon Marcum - Grundy (Most talented)

BEST "O" LINEMAN - Jesse Smith - Richlands

BEST "D" LINEMAN - Colby Owens - Grundy

BEST LB - Aaron Marcum - Grundy

BEST DB - Travis Tatum - Richlands

BEST "O" - Richlands

BEST "D" - Richlands

COACH OF THE YEAR - Bobby Wyatt - Tazewell

BIGGEST UPSET - VHS over Grundy

CINDERELLA TEAM - Tazewell

BEST FANS - Richlands (GC and Lebanon are also great)

BEST QUOTE - "Don't take what's about to happen to your team personally" - Lance - SWVA Football.com

*This is based only on what I saw in person. There are many SWVA teams that i did not see*

I pretty much agree with what you guys came up with so all I'll add is my fav quote:

"you're a dirty dog ref!" --Grundy fan after the second big flag in the Grundy/Va High game.