Has the Wave dashed its on fire?

Purpose

Although I am not from Grundy I am a proponent of their basketball team and I wish to make a personal observation from last nights loss to Hurley.

First let me congratulate Hurley on a great win. The coaching from the bench and the desire and determination of the players consumed Grundy.

I don’t know where the blame should be placed for Grundy but last night they played with no emotion. Their coach sat quietly on the bench like a log and the players seemed to have an “I don’t care attitude.†If this is the way it is going to be then Grundy will definitely have a very long losing season. I know everything rests on the shoulders of the coach…but hey…the players on the floor are talented enough and know enough basketball to win even if the coach doesn’t care. Especially the games they are supposed to win.

I don’t know where the problem lies, but until the MIGHTY GOLDEN WAVE finds some HEART their basketball program will be no better than last years baseball program.

How many times does it have to be said...Grundys coaching situation is horrible...it's the coaches job to have the kids ready to play, on a mental and physical level...it's not there...maybe a few more of these will make people realize this.

They should be winning easily with the talent they have right now.

I do not disagree that it is the coach’s job to have the kids ready to play. You can practice kids...drill kids...scrimmage kids...run kids...prepare kids mentally and physically all you want but one thing a coach can't do is give a kid heart or passion to play the game. This comes from within and know matter who is coaching if the kids have the desire, determination, heart and fortitude to succeed they can...especially a bunch as talented as Grundy.

Now by know means am I taking sides with the coach. The coach must also have a love for the game second only to God. They must also coach during the game by utilizing timeouts, making appropriate substitutions, etc. In last nights game these things were missing.

I wish Grundy all the luck in the world because at this point they need it.

Well...I still say the problem at Grundy starts with the coach and goes back to the 8th grade team...until they make some changes and fix the system, Grundy will never be a winner regardless of the talent, or lack there of on the floor...read in to that what you will.