A LITTLE OFF TOPIC BUT...

cityofRaven

I know its probley not for this board but after seeing the post about the comparison between Hurley/Grundy/Twin Valley and i was just wondering yalls opinion on the best high school sports programs in the area and try not to be biased. Just as my opinion is there is nothing like runing out on Friday night in front of the Richlands crowd but when it comes to fan support in every sport and overall facilities id have to go with Honaker they have some great facilities and they have the support and are very competive in every sport the take the field/court in.

Do you think Gate Citys all around sports would benifit better if they went back to AA? Cause they have always been a powerhouse in football but these past years when they went to A they have started makin a name for thereselves in Basketball, baseball, volleyball etc.

I think the reason that gate city is so successful is that the coaches have complete control of their atheletes. The kids that play for them respect their coaches. The parents respects the decisions of the coaches and support them 100%. It just makes for a more enjoyable enviroment for everyone. The fact they have weightlifting and conditioning for their atheletes during school hours also is a big plus. Both girls and boys participate in this class. That helps as far as in season and out of season training as well.. You can't start in Aug. and compete with these teams that run their program year round. These classes would benefit every program (boys and girls). Let's hope that Taz.county catches on before long.