Marion cancelling game against Graham

The game was originally supposed to be played on Tuesday but due to the field 1 not being ready (as always) and not having a field with lights, it was cancelled. The game was rescheduled the next day. Marion called and cancelled it because two players would have to miss due to a swim meet.

That's nowhere near a legit reason to cancel a game. It's just two players too. Can you not play without them? And obviously soccer isn't the priority for these players. They should play the soccer game and miss the swim meet instead. I'm just disappointed with them that they would do this, mainly their coach and AD.

I remember when Graham played Richlands last year, and for whatever reason, Richlands had nearly half their team gone and the game was still played.

I hope Graham stomps Marion this year because of this. They were too afraid to play without two players that they cancel. That and their crappy, small field that they always use to their advantage. It's not even regulation. It's just an open area of grass in front of the Smyth County technical center.

The media report I read said that the lockdown was after the students had left.

Which would be around gametime. And dude, quit whining about their field. Learn to pass the ball and take advantage of the short field. Don't complain.

I heard the trade school in Seven Mile Ford was on lockdown this afternoon due to a guy in the area with a gun. Did that have anything to do with the game being cancelled?

I didn't hear anything about this. What came of it?

They have to play or forfit the game becasue it is a district game.

Graham cancelled the game.....so bring on the forfeit....

Unless their A.D. "gave away" a home game, like the football team did....

Edited by futbolking

This is funny because when I coached for Carroll, Graham did the same thing because of a class trip or some kind of class meeting or something. either one the AD and Coach should have planned a little bit better instead of canceling the day before. So Marion HS is not the only one to do this so do not jump on their case for something that your school does as well.