Grundy @ Honaker

BLEACHER COACH

Grundy @ Honaker

For years Grundy has terrorized the BDD. However, this is the G’s inaugural season in the BDD and Grundy has always had an open spot in the trophy case for their imaginary BDD trophy,(Beside their beloved SWD trophies) this year they might just bring the real one home. Hubbard’s Tigers made a trip to Exit 7 last week and forgot they had a football game to play. Apparently they were declawed at the Pet Smart beside Target during their bath and shampooing. Honaker’s ONE TRICK PONY will not be able to keep up with the new bullies of the BDD.

LLL – Honaker

Congratulations to Honaker!

Not sure what was said @ the half but it sure seemed to have worked.

Grundy @ Honaker

For years Grundy has terrorized the BDD. However, this is the G’s inaugural season in the BDD and Grundy has always had an open spot in the trophy case for their imaginary BDD trophy,(Beside their beloved SWD trophies) this year they might just bring the real one home. Hubbard’s Tigers made a trip to Exit 7 last week and forgot they had a football game to play. Apparently they were declawed at the Pet Smart beside Target during their bath and shampooing. Honaker’s ONE TRICK PONY will not be able to keep up with the new bullies of the BDD.

LLL – Honaker

Congratulations to Honaker!

Not sure what was said @ the half but it sure seemed to have worked.

i think the coach drilled them pretty good .i cant figure them boys out.just like a whole different team the second half.almost looked like a repeat of last week at battle,but they stayed dead at battle and suffered the loss.

couple of things that didn't help Grundy at all:

(1) fumble that Grundy recovered down near the goal line that wasn't ruled a fumble, but clearly was.

(2) Pass Int call that was called on Grundy that clearly wasn't....instead of Grundy getting the ball back Honaker got a 1st down and went on to score.

(3) hook & lateral that was called "down", but clearly wasn't...and no whistle was blown.

(4) Honaker RB jumps, Grundy DE jumps afterwards, Grundy gets flagged...that was 3rd and 2...gave Honaker a 1st down and they went on to score.

not saying that Honaker wouldn't have won the game...just saying that stuff didn't help Grundy's cause.

(1) fumble that Grundy recovered down near the goal line that wasn't ruled a fumble, but clearly was.

(2) Pass Int call that was called on Grundy that clearly wasn't....instead of Grundy getting the ball back Honaker got a 1st down and went on to score.

(3) hook & lateral that was called "down", but clearly wasn't...and no whistle was blown.

(4) Honaker RB jumps, Grundy DE jumps afterwards, Grundy gets flagged...that was 3rd and 2...gave Honaker a 1st down and they went on to score.

not saying that Honaker wouldn't have won the game...just saying that stuff didn't help Grundy's cause.

yea i see.arguing about refs come from both sides of field.most time you argue your case but the bottom line is ,it is what it is because the ref said it is.i kinda hated to see that 40 yrd run called back on honaker for a hold that clearly( according to the fans on honaker side)was not a hold.guess thats racing.maybe grundy just got some home cooking.

Edited by fridaynightfun

On the 40 yard run that was called back the wr grabbed and bear hugged the cb all the way to the ground about 10 yards down field on grundys side. The pass interference call against grundy if its the one im thinking of prob. could have went either way really just depends on what the ref sees i guess. Also on the latteral i couldnt really see it from where i was at if he was out of bounds our not lance prob had a better view than me. I think the problem with that play even if he was out of bounds was the ref waited till the kid was 12 yards down field before he blew his whistle. Not making excuses but if the fumble on the 10 or so was called the correct way (which was grundy ball) then i think the game may have went a different way. You could see the grundy kid holding the ball as he was falling to the ground. IMO that was the turning point. Either way good luck to honaker the rest of the way!!!

On the 40 yard run that was called back the wr grabbed and bear hugged the cb all the way to the ground about 10 yards down field on grundys side. The pass interference call against grundy if its the one im thinking of prob. could have went either way really just depends on what the ref sees i guess. Also on the latteral i couldnt really see it from where i was at if he was out of bounds our not lance prob had a better view than me. I think the problem with that play even if he was out of bounds was the ref waited till the kid was 12 yards down field before he blew his whistle. Not making excuses but if the fumble on the 10 or so was called the correct way (which was grundy ball) then i think the game may have went a different way. You could see the grundy kid holding the ball as he was falling to the ground. IMO that was the turning point. Either way good luck to honaker the rest of the way!!!

here is what I have on two of the 4 I talked about...and I don't say anything unless i think it's true...I have not said a word about refs and bad calls in the previous 3 grundy losses...because there has not been a reason to do so...not really blaming them for the loss here either because Grundy needs to learn to stop giving up the big plays and to stop the run...thats a bigger problem than the refs...BUT..these plays sucked the life right out of Grundy and this is a young team that plays on emotion...it did not help them at all that this happened.

on "the lateral" play...#24 Nick Travis caught the ball...#17 McLanahan was too close to pitch it...so Nick handed the ball off...the ref never saw the ball get handed off until #17 was running up the field...I was directly in front of it when it was handed off...so close i couldn't even zoom out far enough to get a pic of it...the pic i took just as Nick was reaching out to hand the ball is here:

IMG_9648.jpg

You can see which way he is facing...it was a hand off not a pitch, but even then he is clearly facing backwards and extending the ball out as he is about to get tackled...#17 runs by and grabs the ball and takes off up the sideline...here is the next pic I got...clearly he is not close to out of bounds:

IMG_9649.jpg

he ends up breaking that tackle and running up the sideleines for what should have been a Grundy first down in Honaker territory. Instead, they mark the ball down back where #24 handed it off saying he was down (no penalty for an illegal forward lateral was called, as some people said it was a forward pitch) Grundy punts, Honaker gets the ball and scores.

as far as that fumble goes...this is the way i saw it:

here is where the contact is made and the ball pops out as #31 starts to dive in the end zone, notice where #63 is from Grundy...he comes up from the back left side and makes the hit and continues with the runner #31 as he tackles him towards the end zone.:

IMG_9562.jpg

Here is the fight for the ball, you can see the Honaker guys are looking at the ball, #31 who fumbled has already gone face first down towrds the end zone, his feet are sticking out the back end of the pile. #5 from Grundy already has the ball at this point, ref in the background is looking towrds the front end of the pile towrds the ball carrier, doesn't realize the ball has come out on the back side.

IMG_9563.jpg

here is a shot of the Grundy kid holding the ball before the whistle is ever blown, you can see #17 from Grundy already knows at this point Grundy has recovered the fumble:

IMG_9564.jpg

close up of the same pic showing the ball.

Fumble.jpg

Grundy comes out of the pile with the ball, the grundy kids are excited...you can see the ref now running up and blowing the whistle and waving his arms:

IMG_9567.jpg

Honaker keeps the ball, goes on to score.

Nice pics lance and a really good way to support the arguement. I agree that it seems the grundy kids play on momentum a little too much but i guess thats football. Not saying the fumble would have made the outcome any different but it really could have helped. I could be wrong but i think at that point the game was 14 to 7 grundy early in the third, if they dont score there grundy atleast takes more time off the clock and kills some of there momentum.

i was at the field house when the boys came out in the second half. refs, bad calls or anything else would not have changed the out come. Those boys were mad and was going to take it out on somebody. The third quarter, I believe they could have made Richlands hurt. Lance, the pics are great, unfortunatly, replys dont happen in high school. If that was the case, Honaker might have beat JB. About the refs call taking steam out of the boys are true. That's what happened to Honaker in JB. The grundy game was a good hard played game on both sides. Good luck next year, I won't have a dog in the fight.

Honaker gets to look forward to bad calls Friday in Haysi. Every time we play Haysi we get nothing but bad calls, even when we are home.

Could I get you some cheese with that WHINE!

Honaker totally dominated Grundy the second half , why you would try and spin it any other way is very disappointing.

5?and ur walking on thin ice mr

Its just a question. I was trying to see if that one fumble made a difference. I do recall Honaker running the ball down Grundys throat on the first series of the second half. Then, stopping them, then scoring again, again and again.

Its just a question. I was trying to see if that one fumble made a difference. I do recall Honaker running the ball down Grundys throat on the first series of the second half. Then, stopping them, then scoring again, again and again.

thats history and let it go.those boys from honaker better be concerned this week for colley and the boys.if they play sloppy at all,its gonna be a long haul back to honaker.

oh a question.didnt see the question mark.

oh a question.didnt see the question mark.

If this board has taught me one thing, it's that people from this area really can't spell, use proper grammar, or use the correct puncuation.

Maybe those from Richlands can teach us. Naa just kidding, education is second to football.

It has nothing to do with education. So leave that out of it. It has Everything to do with laziness. We as a whole, nationwide, are becoming so lazy that we can't type the word "because"? It now has to be cuz? Or h8. Or l8r....I can understand LMAO or IMO. Those are easier condensed, but at least everyone understands those.

It has nothing to do with education. So leave that out of it. It has Everything to do with laziness. We as a whole, nationwide, are becoming so lazy that we can't type the word "because"? It now has to be cuz? Or h8. Or l8r....I can understand LMAO or IMO. Those are easier condensed, but at least everyone understands those.

I'll try and do better.

Edited by lineman strong

actually i think everbody is transferring texting with a cell phone to the computer.did i spell all that right?