The Letter

I just wrote a blog updating the process that led to me getting accepted by the School of Music at Virginia Tech today. You can check it out over at http://ryan4vt.weebly.com/blog/the-letter

It may give some of you guys an insight to my journey that parallels my journey on this board pretty directly.

I am so proud of you Ryan! You deserve it as much as anybody I have ever known.

Life is so full of ups and downs....good times and bad times....decisions and more decisions. So many times we wonder just how we can only get by. If we can take those tough times and learn from them it will make us stronger! If we can only learn to cherish the good times and remember that hard work and determination really does pay off. We can apply both to our lives and know that the good and bad makes us who we are down deep inside......it makes our character.

You have done that wonderfully! I am proud to have known you for a while and to have watched your journey in person. You better believe your Grandmother is happy as UVA has done so nicely said. I am happy for you and even happier to say Ryan is my friend!

;

Way to go buddy!

Thanks guys!! I wrote this so that maybe someone will see it and realize that it's never too late to change things. Even if you're dealt the worst hand that you can imagine, learn from it and be a better person tomorrow than you were today.

If I can go back to college after five years of being out, anyone can. Just don't give up.