Best shot to win SWD?

OFISHE8

Let's hear some forecasts for the SWD Title. I think Tazewell might have the easiest road to the regular season title. They have size, athleticism, and good touch from the outside. Grundy had a bad night at Tazewell and they may be on the outside looking in. Graham needs to find more consistentcy from tip to finish. Carroll and Richlands need to start thinking about who is going to hit leadoff. Can Tazewell make a splash in the regions? They may be a bit young to deal with the big game pressure!!

Tazewell definatly has the inside track to the regular season title. I have heard that the Piedmont district is strong in basketball and Abingdon is strong from the Highlands. So dont know how they would stack up with them. But there is still alot of basketball to be played, so anything can happen.

I like G-Man believe you have to win all your district home games. Then, sneak one or two away games. That will be who is your regular season champ. Carroll, Graham, and Grundy have lost district games. Tazewell has not. But, they have to yet go on the road to do it! They also seem to be playing more consistant than the rest. But, you dont know teams are going to show up from night to night. Graham beats Bluefield... Great win for them.. but, looses to Grundy?? Grundy wins close at home but gets drilled at Tazewell. Did Graham lose to Marion?? Grundy beats a Honaker team by 2 at home.. Honaker's like won 3 games? I'd call it even steven in the district. Sept. for Taze. at this point! Carroll, Grundy or Graham are all pretty even and could beat each other on any given night. No body can afford a bad night now! Richlands has to win now just to get in the touney. I think the guys need to quit blaming and have a gut check and do what they need to do to win at this point! The easy thing is to quit. I dont think thats in them.. but we'll see tomorrow nite.. Everybodys gotta win now... who wants it more? Thats the key.

My thoughts and opinions. For conversation only!! lol What does anyone think about it!! I'm open!

That hit the nail on the head babyblue. If you want to win then it is totally up to you. Don't blame the coach or anyone else. "If it is to be then its up to me". I hope our team shows the heart it showed in football. If we do that then we can get on the right track. Don't point fingers and dont be persuaded by people that talk negative about your team or coach.

Well not gonna say to much right now but (we)Tazewell are sitting at the top at 2-0 but I will make my comments come Saturday morning. Hopefully sitting on my computer thinking about the game with a coke and a smile. haha...

No I was just messing when I said it like that, J/K so dont take it to heart. Richlands is very well in this district just need to string the ropes together and pull as a whole with Coach Rife being the anchorman!

i think tazewell has got the best shot in winning the SWD. Grundy is making a strong surge for first place with theo putting up 40 pts but the dawgs control their own fate. if ttown plays teamball i see no reason why we cant win the district. i havent heard much about carrol co. except that they beat rlands in overtime by 2 and lost to grundy but you never know much about them until gameday. graham is always up near the top and you can never underestimate them b/c they have a strong team this year. who knows about rlands, with their coaching. so i say the dawgs will take it if their D keeps up and they play team ball! smile.gif

I don't go to high school basketball games...I'd rather sit at home and watch the car rust.

The games are rarely determined by the players...the refs decide who will win and by how much...

Well Tazewell is (3-0) in SWD and play @ Grundy Friday. We sit on top right now and weve already beat Grundy so what if we was to lose would we still be tied for 1st so Tazewell is sitting great right now and will try to stay unbeaten in district play. Will be tough cause T-town has 3 gms this week and Grundy wants revenge.

-------

smell ya lata... wink.gif

Tazewell goin to be on top when it all comes down to the stretch. But u never know, anything can happen.

T-Town

cool.gifcooler than the other side of the pillow

[ QUOTE ]

No I was just messing when I said it like that, J/K so dont take it to heart. Richlands is very well in this district just need to string the ropes together and pull as a whole with Coach Rife being the anchorman!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally serious. Since we can't be competitive at a regional level in AA, our scheduling strategy seems to be pursuit of excellence at a smaller classification.

I can understand playing a Class A school like Honaker, which is pretty competitive on an annual basis and ensures a good gate. But if RHS is ever going to be competitive in hoops again, there need to be more Marions and (dare I say it) Martinsvilles on the schedule and far fewer Hurleys.

Just a thought, mind you.

Yeah our schedule is horrible this year we had like 8 straight home games and it may hurt us in the long run.

SWD

Tazewell 3-0!

Grundy 3-2

Graham 2-2

Carrol 2-2

Richlands 0-4 ---------I believe these are right correct if wrong