SWD Player of The Year

waveman92

who would be your choice for SWD player of the year. i would have to say theo justus, he is averaging almost 20 points per game. and he is helping grundy to a shot at the district title. had 40 tonight against Richlands. shot one about 5 feet away from 3- line on just his second shot and made it. he would be who i would say to win it. what is your choice?

Yeah its impressive cause Im only avg. 16pts gm but he just had a 40 pt game so that will boost your avg alot u know. What in the world was Richlands doing, running that relaxed man. Anyways I would say its Theo-Grundy, Remines-Graham, and Reed-Tazewell right now with a few urging their way through. Just stating my thoughts on stats and performance. Theo has upperhand with most likely being the SWD scoring leader right now with last night.

Well i will have to go with JuiceDawg (Omar Reed). He has been lightin it up all year and is a force inside and outside for the number one team in the district now. But it could change if Theo keeps it up.

Im glad u could back me up on that....Well if u go on stats Theo is the leading scorer but I am averaging almost a double-double with 16.5pts. But he is the go ahead right now, he has my vote. Graham has to deal with him we will see how they hold him down. We held him to 6 his lowest total of the year.

The way the voting is now stats has nothing to do with it. The coaches now try to get 1 player from each team on the SWD team, which shouldn't be the case. Pick the best 5 players when you vote and leave it at that. RHS should not have 1 player on the 1st team. Last year Graham should have gotten 2 Carroll 2 and its up in the air for the other spot. The coaches don't pick the best players. It's political so you players should not get caught up in all this kind of stuff.

Well I seen that Theo got held down and only got 2 points against Graham. Also Graham took the victory so that helped out Tazewell alot. That gave Omar a chance to surpass Theo for scoring title while I maintained my double-double with 16pts and 16boards, although we got crushed.

From what I have seen I would say Omar from Tazewell. He has played better against good teams Theo acted like he didnt want to step it up against tazewell or graham. Reed has shown up to play every game with close to 20 points- and 10 or more rebounds every time I have seen him play.

Not quite 20pts but thats when everyone is supposed to play their best, when games get tough unless u are a choke artist. For all I know anyone can get this award I just want to win the SWD and be on top.

Well Theo looks like a postponed game, 2 of the best teams in SWD were scheduled to face off with the supposed Player of the Year being between me and u. Thats not the main goal though but I wonder what they will do for tomorrow.

I have seen both of you play and are great assets to your teams. I see that you 2 are the toss up for SWD POTY. Reed has the ability to go inside or bring his game out and hit long range shots or drive off the ball. Theo is more of a open 3-point shooter and maybe a few fast breaks. Stats dont mean a thing, but I watch Theo have a 40 point game that is awesome, and Reed is consistently scoring 15-16 ppg and boards for approx. 10 every game. Just a blind vote but Im taking Reed cause Tazewell is 3-0 in SWD. Theo is good though he may get it, or someone else may pop up soon from another team.

Im not goin to be getting the 20 plus points like I did in the beginning of the season with teams keying on me the whole game. Graham played a box and 1 on me the whole nite and when I did touch the ball I got traped and had to give it up. Im not going to jack up everything just to get the SWD player of the year. I would rather get a W than get 30 plus. We still have a shot at the SWD so look out tongue.gif.

Good reply, the game is still on but I didnt think we would have it today. Oh well cant turn down a day of basketball, Grundy-Tazewell tonight @ Riverview and the "Supposed SWD POTY" of Theo and me will meet for an important game. That doesnt matter though all about the W.