Grundy at the Virginia Duals

lowsingle

Grundy is 1-1 so far at the Virginia Duals. They wrestle in the consolations today at noon. They are seeded 5th. They beat Tallwood, but lost to #4 seed Delaware Valley. Here were the results:

GRUNDY 48, TALLWOOD 21

103: W. Sexton (T) by forfeit. 112: Hankins (G) fall Sutherland :54. 119: Flinchum (G) fall Hamelton :59. 125: K. Stiltner (G) fall Wert 2:28. 130: Smith (G) maj dec M. Sexton 14-1. 135: A. Stiltner (G) dec Pellegrino 6-4. 140: Podolansky (T) dec McCowan 7-2. 145: Brown (G) tech fall Clarin 17-1. 152: Baker (T) fall M. Owens 4:56. 160: Penley (G) fall Mente 2:55. 171: D. Owens (G) fall Brinkley 1:50. 189: Landers (T) dec Looney 2-1. 215: Rainley (T) dec Lee 6-5. HWT: A. Stiltner (G) fall Davis 1:17

DELAWARE VALLEY 48, GRUNDY 20

103: Rosacha (DV) won by forfeit. 112: Kelly (DV) maj. dec. Hankins 21-10. 119: Fulton (DV) pin Flinchum :41. 125: Sigafoos (DV) pin Stiltner 3:32. 130: Smith (G) dec. LeFebvre 5-2. 135: Kelly (DV) tech fall Stiltner 16-1. 140: Santangrelo (DV) dec. McCowan 8-1. 145: Inglin (DV) pin Brown 3:35. 152: Slaughter (DV) pin Owens 1:31. 160: Penley (G) tech fall Gelegonya 19-4. 171: Carr (DV) dec. Owens 7-3. 189: Looney (G) won by forfeit. 215: Lee (G) pin Muscatel 2:55. 275: Mayer (D) dec. Stiltner 2-0

So let me get this straight, Grundy is out of the National Division? When did this happen? Christiansburg was in the Black and Blue division.

Yes, if you are saying Great Bridge is good, you are correct. They are bascially the Permian Panthers of Virginia Wrestling..They have been a dominant force in AAA for as long as I can remember. They will lose a lot this year though, losing Bond, I don't really remember if little Friskhorn was around Bond's age or not though.

A question for Lowsingle, where is Bubba Jenkins wrestling at? I remember him from middle school state, the kid was a powerhouse..He beat Epperly in the finals my holdback year.

And another side note, we talk about how Christiansburg gets everybody from the Roanoke area, the Tidewater area is the perinneal wrestling area in the state. If you are good, and are from the beach, you wrestle at Great Bridge. It is a sad fact, but it is true.

Grundy was in the American Division(name?) this year but there is still a lot of talent there also!

Mark, I think Bubba Jenkins wrestles for Cox but im not sure..Seems like I remember reading something about that.

Jenkins was getting recruited heavily by GB when I was in middle school. He could have won state in AA 6 times already. He and Epperly(Christiansburg) wreslted one of the best matches I have seen in the finals at the Nationals my holdback year. It was just as good or better as any match in the state tournament that year. It ended up being like 8-6 Jenkins.

The America Division is the 2nd toughest Div. at the Duals by far, the National being the cream of the crop. The year Grundy won it, we whipped Great Bridge in the finals. It is pretty weird now with them being the #2 in the nation. Will they be as good next year with Coach Martin gone?