Gwaltney Commits to WVU(five star running back)

beaverbaseball

[ QUOTE ]

He's ranked 15th in the top 100 players

He's ranked 3rd for running backs in the nation

He's ranked 1st in the New York Top 15 players

[/ QUOTE ]

This information was wrong. I recently said he was ranked 15 and so did bluefieldRocks but here's the correct info

The 15 ranked player in the nation is Alex Boone a OL Commited to Ohio State.

The 3rd ranked running back in the nation is Jonathan Stewart who is committed to Oregon.

And he is ranked #2 in New Yorks top 15 players.

Greg Paulus is Ranked 1st for New York

Here's the correct info :

Jason Gwaltney: He is only 5'11 which you had him at 6 foot.

He is ranked 43rd in the nation.

He is ranked the 8th best Running back in the nation

All this information can be verified at www.scout.com

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont quote me on this beaverbaseball, but one of the reasons he came to wvu is that his step brother, or half brother, its something like that.. well anyways his name is scooter berry and he committed to wvu before Gwaltney did....so maybe gwaltney decided he wanted to be with family

And also wvu was one of the rist teams to scout him, they started during his junior year......but i could be wrong...who knows. But thats why i think he kinda leaned towards wvu

BTW: Since it was discussed earlier, the Hokies return eight offensive starters and seven defensive starters. Furthermore, the Hokies return the majority of their two-deep roster. VT will have a far more experienced and seasoned team than WVU going into next year. WVU fans that bashed Rasheed Marshall will be wishing they had him back...

[ QUOTE ]

Well that would be a pretty good reason to go to WVU and you can tell they really wanted him if they have been watching him since his Junior year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, getting scouted your junior year is nothing new and is really kind of late for a school to jump in on a kid. Many schools start recruiting kids as freshman and in basketball schools start as early as middle school. A couple of years ago Arizona offered an 8th grader a scholarship, Nic Wise. Wise is now a junior in high school and committed to Arizona as a high school freshman.

[ QUOTE ]

A couple of years ago Arizona offered an 8th grader a scholarship, Nic Wise. Wise is now a junior in high school and committed to Arizona as a high school freshman.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must be the next Michael Jordan or something

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

A couple of years ago Arizona offered an 8th grader a scholarship, Nic Wise. Wise is now a junior in high school and committed to Arizona as a high school freshman.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must be the next Michael Jordan or something

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Arizona took a huge risk by accepting a commitment of a kid that young. Wise was great as a middle school player, but he hasn't developed like Arizona thought he would. Right now he isn't listed in the top 150 2006 prospects and is only a three-star prospect according to the Insiders.com network.

Saying Coach K is a better Coach Than Roy Williams is a OPINION!!

They will both go to the hall of fame and honestly I don't think you could pick the better coach out of the two of them

Roy Williams College Coaching Stat's are:

437-112 a .796% winning percentage

Has made 15 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances and compiled a 35-15 record (.700 winning percentage). Has advanced to the NCAA Final Four four times (1991, 1993, 2002 and 2003), finished runner-up in 1991 and 2003.

His career winning percentage of .796 is the highest among all active Division I coaches with five years experience, and is fifth highest all-time among Division I coaches trailing only Clair Bee (.826), Adolph Rupp (.822), John Wooden (.804) and John Kresse (.797

Won more games in the first 15 seasons of a coaching career than anyone in NCAA history.

Coach K

Career Records

As Head Coach: 663-234 (73.9%)

As Duke Head Coach: 590-175 (77.1%)

ACC Regular Season Career Record: 226-105 (68.3%)

ACC Post Season Career Record: 34-14 (70.8%)

NCAA Tournament Record: 60-16 (78.9%)

ACC Tournament Championships: 8

ACC Regular Season Championships (including ties): 9

NCAA Titles: 3

NCAA Final Fours: 9