Gwaltney Commits to WVU(five star running back)

beaverbaseball

The Mountaineers came out on top in what was one of the most rugged slugfests of the 2004-05 recruiting season on Tuesday when five-star running back Jason Gwaltney announced live on ESPNews that he will sign with West Virginia University

http://westvirginia.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

He is ranked #15 overall in the nation. I think WVU running game will continue to be great over the next few years with this prospect.

WVU has 30 committed prospects including 2 from around here

Nate Sowers-Martinsburg

Zac Cooper-Weir(this dude scared me, he almost stopped us from even making it to the big game) haha

MARSHALL had a total of 16 committents. And not one of them are from West Virginia. I think we need to get more prospects from our state

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from my cousin, who is from Bluefield, that Marshall got a commitment from the #1 RB out of the state of Florida. Heard they beat out FSU,Florida,Miami and LSU for this guy. J/w if any of you had heard anything about it.

I'm not saying what he did was right but it might have been a blessing in disguise that he got kicked out of UVA and then got a chance at Marshall to play RB. If he stayed at UVA he might have never seen the field until his junior year and might have never had the chance to play on offense, where i think he excels.

I have found Gwaltney High school Stat's

Gwaltney rushed for 2,377 yards and 37 touchdowns as a senior.

He rushed for 5,112 yards, 90 TDs and scored 546 points during his first three years. He runs a 4.5 in the 40

He also caught 11 passes for 169 yards.

Gwaltney is strong, bench pressing 390 pounds, squats 415 and has a 33-inch vertical jump. He carries a 2.7 GPA and has scored a 860 SAT (March retake).

He's ranked 15th in the top 100 players

He's ranked 3rd for running backs in the nation

He's ranked 1st in the New York Top 15 players

WVU has just gotten maybe one of its best recruits ever... And he turned down offers from the 2 time defending champion USC trojans to play for the mountianeers.... he's 6 foot, 234 pounds, and runs a 4.6/40 and led his team to a divison 2 title.

recruits.jpg