VHS loses to Battle again

VHSFan999

Its a sad day in VHS basketball. For the 2nd time this season they were beaten by John Battle. Last night they lost 41-40. I cant remember the last time VHS lost to Battle in basketball once in a season much less twice. Its pretty bad when a AA school cant beat medicore Single A school. Something needs to be done with this VHS basketball team. I still believe that a coaching change needs to happen. The players just dont like Mitchell as their coach and the wins arent exactly adding up. Two players have already quit the team this year due to lack of playing time and problems with the Coach. Daniel Tripplett quit last week and he was thought to be the best player on the team by many. However, Mitchell would play him some games and other games he would have him just sitting on the bench. Back when these kids were playing middle then JV basketball they were a great team and were winning.Everyone thought we would have a pretty good varisty team when those kids were juniors and seniors. Now as Juniors and Seniors they cant even get close to having a .500 season. Something just doesnt seem right about that. This has been a terriable season for VHS and I think everyone at VHS will be glad when it is over.

Plain and simple basketball is bad at Virginia High at this point. A change needs to be made somewhere. I didn't think the coach was going to show up at the game the other night. It is a bad situation from botton to top. Good luck aganist Abingdon. Try to salvage the season someway during the tournament.

They sure did, 57-50 was the score. Abindon was without their leading scorer Michael Scoresome. I dont know if the outcome would have been different if he had played but still yet Abindon was defeated by VA HIGH. Its funny how Va High lost to Battle and then beats Abindon, but Abindon had a close call before this game. Just last week Lee High lost to Abingdon 71-56, but Lee had cut the lead to 8 points midway through the 4th and looked like they were going to pull the upset, however they just didnt have the firepower to pull closer and had to foul and Abingdon sealed it from there.