Who's everyones first game

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hurley Plays East Ridge in a scrimage and plays Phelps for first regular season game.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hey man whats the Coppinger anyway? I have noticed that come up in a few post?

[ QUOTE ]

Hurley Plays East Ridge in a scrimage and plays Phelps for first regular season game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't East Ridge in Tennessee???

We were suppose to have a scrimmage next week but with the weather we won't have enough practices in.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey man whats the Coppinger anyway? I have noticed that come up in a few post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a tournament that is played between a couple of teams in southern WV and Virginia

Last year bluefield, richlands, princeton, grayson co, graham, mt.veiw and there could have been another team but im not sure

This year I believe the teams in it are bluefield, richlands, tazewell, grayson co, mt.view and I know a few other teams are in it, i just don't know who they are right now

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Oh ok I was wondering what that was when I seen it posted. No East Ridge is in KY. They have been a AA powerhouse since they combined Millard, Fedscreek, Elkhorn City, but I think they have alot of freshmans and soph. playing this year.

Well they sound pretty good but they sound like a young team. I couldn't find any information about there baseball team for this season, but I will keep you updated if I do.

If you know your teams whole schedule would you post in on the board. Thanks

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Thanks man. I didnt see us on their list so we must of not got the game with them during the regular season. Yeah they are a big AA school, I have heard they might move to AAA.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I didnt know that lol. How is Bluefield looking this year?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

What does Honaker have this year? Do they have a promising season?

Graham looks pretty strong returning all players from last year except for three a weak first baseman and a third baseman and left field, which have been replaced by people moving to graham and moving up from jv. The bats are still very strong returning all top 4 hitters in the rotation. the pitching this year has more depth this year than last, with Wills coming to graham, and the team has also matured showing a good work ethic so far. Today was the first day we really got to see any actual positions being played because today was the first day we could get on the field. Graham should most certainly improve on the 13-7 season they had last year. Maybe a district title for once.

Honaker will have a VERY young team this year. We lost every starter except for two, our 2nd baseman Chance Dye and our center fielder Josh Hart. All of our big hitters(Blankenship, Hall, Mullins, Rose) are gone and we'll be pretty weak in pitching too. We got a transfer from Lebanon who should do pretty well pitching. He won't be the best we've had at Honaker in a while, but he should do all right. I predict we'll at least make it to regionals this year. We should have a pretty decent regular season, our hardest games will probably be against Casltewood and Lebanon who will really be gunning for us this year and of course Haysi who brings everyone back. I wouldn't be surprised if Council and Hurley have decent teams this year too.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Yeah we know what it means to lose a machine at the mound in our lose of Sullivan. We should have a good team, but our pic. wont be as strong as last season. We return e-one. but 3. Council should be pretty decent this year because they return alot I hear, but twin valley posted on virginia preps that they will beat Hurley and Honaker. I doubt they will win a BDD game. Upsets do happen, with a great Hurler or no great Hurler I dont see them beating Hurley, Honaker, Haysi, or Council.