Rivals Junior Day and Virginia Tech Spring Game

jmarcum

Little bro, Garon, has been invited to Tech Spring game and a Rivals.com photo shoot at Virginia Tech April 2nd through Rivals.com.

I was wondering if any other team had players going? Nobody in my family has been to this game so I look forward to it and I know these invites and the meet and greet the Tech coaches are usually good signs. Either way it will be cool to meet Beamer and the staff.

So does anyone know about these type of events and what I can expect? Saw clips of the game on WCYB looked like a lot of fans show up. SO any info will be helpful. Heck I dont even know how to get to Lane stadium. So definitely need info on directions as well.

Thanks for the help,

UK has a bunch of players waiting for scholarships. They committed on the basis they would get one the following year and likewise was their commitment to issue walk on invites. They told him that he could attempt to walk on but they couldnt give an invite walk on because they issued all the walk on invites they could to lineman since O Lineman continually drop due to injuries. As with each team they have only so many roster spots so they said he would just half to walk on but with no promises.

He has not told anyone he will go anywhere but he made his second visit to Cumberland College this weekend. So it looks like he may go there. He still has like 5 NAIA colleges calling our house every other day though.So is it a sure thing? No. But looks promising for Cumberland.

He has already been accepted to Marshall, UK, and everywhere else he applied so he will have to make a decision before too long. Cant wait though. Im ready to see some football lol. I need an gas/electric hybrid car though because its gonna be a pain checking out Grundy's games on Friday nights then traveling wherever he goes on Saturdays. All the players on this site better appreciate the parents and family members that travel to see them play because it really is stressful sometimes but hey i know everyone on this site is committed to family and football so you know we gotta do what we gotta do lol.

Is that a big deal to receive an invite to that game as a guest of va tech and rivals? I was told its usually the way a team shows interest and gets to see ya? Im not familiar with tech and the way things are ran. Maybe you can shed some light on it for me as to what that means. I know a few players from Grundy over the years have went but very few so I figured it meant they were interested. If they take interest then that means others will also. But like I said maybe you can shed more light on these things for me, and or others may know too.

I read online that Albert did and if I heard correctly Luke Owens went to Tennessee's junior day when he was a junior so he may have went to techs also. Luke was highly recruited and Albert had programs interested too.

I would say it's a big deal. It shows they have an interest in him, and want him to get a look at the program and school. I don't know how many kids they invite, or how many of those will end up with an offer, but they wouldn't bring him there if they weren't interested.

The Rivals photo thing is for their recruiting database. They'll probably also ask him some questions. They rate players from 1-5 stars and base that almost entirely on how much interest he gets and who he gets it from. So an invite to Tech will do more for his ranking than an invite from a MAC school or something. Of course those rankings don't mean a thing to anyone except fans.

Yeah everything you said I figured but didnt know for sure. Yeah those sites base a lot on Nike Camp results and things of that nature. Doesnt really go by numbers or statistics when it comes to star rankings. Ive seen 4 and 5 star players with worse numbers than players who were ranked 2 or 3 stars but injuries, level of competition, blockers and many factors go into those rankings but its hard for players from small areas to really get seen anyways to even get ranked.

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck to the Marcum boy at VT. He will love it. I have heard that Mark Muncey from Tazewell got an invited walk on status at VT. Heard this from a very reliable source.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to hear. I was very impressed with Muncy in the Graham playoff game.

Doesn't "Bo Buchanan" play for Cumberland? Bo is the son of "Big Tom" Buchanan of Survivor fame. Bo was on an episode of Survivor and won a reward chalenge for his dad by eating a piece of nasty, fowl smelling raw fish.

He sure did, but he graduated after last year. He played LB and apparently was pretty good since he was named to the NAIA All-American team. If Aaron elects to go there, I believe he'll be on that team before all is said and done as well.

if aaron does do to cumberland and plays linebacker, and i get back into wise. there is a very good chance that ill play against him in a year or two. this would be great. getting to play against a former teamate. but i wish him luck to wherever he wants to go. ill follow him through college.

Ok, I wasn't sure if he graduated. I just remember a segment on survivor that showed him with a Cumberland shirt on or something. Big Tom himself played for ETSU way back when.

Haha, tidbit youve always got a joke to tell dont you homo? If you would read all of your past posts, no one really tends to care, or believe you..in whatever you say.. so I was trying to make the facts that was stated..more reliable to believe, so good going tard, shoot down a post that was basically helping your post.. but who are we kidding???? Im sure a genius such as yourself already knew that!

I think I may be a little more credible than you my friend. However, I was disappointed to see you revert back to degrading the mentally handicapped. May god have mercy on your ignorant soul.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Albert is my cuz and he was invited to Jr. Day. And it means that they are intrested in him, but it is hard for players around here to get a good ranking and all those invites is for the coaches to get to know the player and see how well he will fit in the program, but I wish the best of luck to both Marcums.

[ QUOTE ]

Albert is my cuz and he was invited to Jr. Day. And it means that they are intrested in him, but it is hard for players around here to get a good ranking and all those invites is for the coaches to get to know the player and see how well he will fit in the program, but I wish the best of luck to both Marcums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Albert should be playing football or wrestling D-1 somewhere now. He had a lot of talent but I guess he just lost his passion for the game. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think I may be a little more credible than you my friend. However, I was disappointed to see you revert back to degrading the mentally handicapped. May god have mercy on your ignorant soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not your friend....and you....credible?? HAHA LMAO theres another JOKE from the famous Tid, the word credible and your name should be a sin to be mentioned in the same sentence, and yes ill continue to degrade the mentally handicapped, but no worries..your the only one on the entire site!!