Our coaches......

libertyraider

I read about Shady getting a new coach and we at Liberty have a great head coach. But our assistants are terrible. Can the county board tell the assistants that their services are not needed? I wish Coach Jeff Alexander would tell them to leave. If it were not for Jeff Alexander our program would be nonexistent. If he were to quit neither of the assistants would be a good head coach. I hope that all of our players boycott the team, force out everyone but Alexander. We have a situation where our program will never grow with the clowns we have as assistants.

well...the old saying goes something like "sometimes you have to race what you bring to the track"...my opinion, a boycott would not solve anything and probably would not be something you could get everyone to go along with anyway.

The coaches put in a lot of time because they love the game, anyone involved does it for that reason....you only have 4 years to play ball in HS, you should make the best of what you have and enjoy the sport for what it is...beyond that 90% of you guys will never put on a helmet again...later on you'll look back and always have questions about what went on and what could have been..but you'll be glad you played.

The most important part of the game is coming together as a team, until you guys can do that, doesn't matter who your coaches are...coaches can play a huge roll in that, but in the end it's something the kids have to accomplish.

Hope things go well for you guys no matter what happens...main thing is you play and do the best you can with what you have though.

not saying that it is but sometimes its not the coaches faults, players can have an influence on the program too. if thats the case the problem is alexander. if alexander really wanted to build his program he would coach the coaches. kinda like what Bill Billichek(sp?) does with his assistants. the other coaches learn from him too. if alexander had any control over his program then the assistants wouldnt be like clowns. Assistant coaches cant be fired unless they break school rules or do sumthing off the wall.

• 3 weeks later...

Being a former player for Liberty I do agree that Coach Alexander should take more control over the team as he is the head coach and yes these coaches arent the best in the state but no one ever claimed them to be. But obviously someone must be doing something right with that program seeing as how they have been in the playoffs for the past three years. It takes Defense to win n Offense to put up points.