Combines/Camps

Lance

This is Garon Marcum's schedule so far, with a couple of others that might be added along the way...he will be testing at all of these...

So far we have the following on the schedule:

April 10th - US Army All American Combine - Duke

May 14th - Nike Camp - Univ. of Georgia

May 21st - MSL Combine - Ga Tech

I know some of the Richlands guys are going to the Penn. State Nike camp...could you guys post here who is going to that one so we can kinda keep up with who goes where and when? Also, any visits to schools or spring games would be cool to know.

If you go to Duke and get a schlorship to play, you might be able to get on the field quicker and they are still an ACC school going againist some of the best teams in the nation. Also, if he gets a full ride you get a great Duke University education for free. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Yea, i mean there is no doubt in my mind that duke is a great school for learning. But if your looking to join a team that wins and has a decent record. Duke wouldnt be one of my choices. But i guess reguardles, when you gragduate from there you'll always have your education

[ QUOTE ]

Who would want to play football at duke?....

honestly? i mean there terrible at football..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just where the US Army All American Combine will be held. I'm sure Duke's coach will be present, but so will a number of other coaches from different schools.

Unlike the Nike Camps, the US Army All American Combine will be smaller and there will be more individual player focus and interaction.

Good luck to all the kids attending, especially my boy, Garon.

yeah...they have these camps/combines all over the country at different schools...has nothing to do with going to play for Duke...in fact, probably more talent on Duke's field this coming weekend than they'll see the rest of the year...lol.

Garon talked with Louisville today at 1:30. He is invited to their Spring Game April 22nd. Same deal as his invite to techs spring game he, dan, and I attended Saturday. Meet and greet, introduction to the program etc.

Garon will be attending at least one camp this summer. We are not for sure yet but he will be going to at least 1 as I am going to make time to shop him around this summer.

What about Henry and Bovenizer from Graham? Anyone know if they are going anywhere this spring/summer?

And what about Jennings at Richlands? I know he's around here somewhere posting...he going anywhere in the offseason?

Any of you big linemen types out there, the Nike Camps in particular would be great...I know Tazewell and Richlands have a couple each that would benefit from going...they have some good coaches that give you some different insight on technique, but it's also a good place to get noticed by some of these larger schools...they are all out there looking for big guys.

Heck half of the richlands,tazewell,grundy and Graham rosters would benefit from going to the Nike camps.I would like to see the whole entire starting line for Richlands going to a camp but some aren't financially able to go.

I don't think the camps are for everyone, certainly not the entire starting lines...but there are probably 2 or 3 that would fit in well from each team...the workouts at these things are intense...if you don't go in there like it's time to start the season, you are wasting your time...they run the hell out of you...you see a lot of kids getting worn out by the end of the day...

My advice to anyone going... make sure you focus on getting yourself hydrated properly for a couple of weeks prior to the camps...and anyone going to watch...take a cooler! lol

Yeah or like Lance I needed to do last summer, take some cleats because you may have to be hiking to get good seats for the festivites, oh and sunblock too. If you go to Georgia Tech you definitely will need both.

Yeah like Lance said make sure your in your best shape. If not you shouldnt go. All the camps had kids cramping, throwing up, and just about to die last year. They are rough. Anyone who went to the UVA Nike Camp last year knows what we are talking about. 10 until 2. No water breaks. They will run you, run you some more, then run you again. Its a great chance for you to get noticed but make sure you are in great shape. Its also good to see some of the other kids who are tops at your position in the country so you can see how you stack up against them.