soccer player hit in head with flare...

hokiestarheels

Yeah, it was a Champions League match between city rivals AC Milan and Inter Milan. I'm pretty sure Andriy Shevchenko scored the only goal of the match and it was AC 'keeper Dida who was hit by the flare. Last I heard he should be okay. The referee suspended the match after fans continuously rained flares down onto the pitch. Gotta love the passion.

Dida was hit in the shoulder with the flare he was burnt and brused a little when play resumed Christian Abati took over in goal then the match was suspened finally

Inter was suspened 4 games with no fans and will be fined

and AC Milan won 3-0 (score set by FIFA) to move on to the Semi-Finals to play PSV Edihoven

[ QUOTE ]

AC Milan 2:0 PSV Eindhoven nutz. that's okay, just wait until the return leg when PSV and Damarcus will really light it up!!! shevchenko and jon dahl tomasson found the net for the italians.

[/ QUOTE ]

What i like to see

0:0 Chelsea vs. Liverpool

going into it, i was pulling for liverpool, but that changed when i saw how they were playing. they just sat in their defensive third and booted the ball away from the goal and only attacked on rare occasions. at least chelsea were going for it. i can't help but wonder who this scoreline benefits more, though, chelsea or the reds?