Va Prep chat about Goodmans coming to Twin Valley!

babyblue

According to talk/rumors on Va Preps, Coach Rick Goodman could be helping as an assistant at Twin Valley next season. His son Kent is already playing with the Twin Valley 17-U AAU team. Another rumor is that DJ Barton might also come.

The Goodmans are moving closer to home and DJ resently lost his grandparents whom he lived with. Chatter say he's coming to Twin Valley also... time will tell!!

Not to stir anything up, because I know DJ has been through a lot the past few months, BUT, he is living with his uncle in Richlands right? So if he goes to Twin Valley he will have to sit out a year from sports won't he? Or is he moving over to the Whitewood/Garden area?

If he enrolls at TV to begin the school year next year he wont have to sit out any...I dont think...If he transfered schools during the year I think there may be a problem with that...

See I thought that if you moved to a school outside your attendance zone, you had to sit out a year from sports, unless you started your 9th grade year at that school. For example, Tyler Patrick from Honaker went to St. Paul his 8th grade year and then came his hold back 8th grade year to Honaker, so he was elligible even though he lives in Castlewood and not Honaker. But lets say he was in 10th grade and moved to Honaker, he wouldn't be elligible for a year because he doesn't live in Honaker's attendance zone and he didn't start 9th grade there, thats what I thought the rule was.

I think.. DJ is moving and beginning a new year (Moving, key word).. He wouldn't be elgible if he still lived in Council and drove.. But, then theres the accreditation issue.. TVHS is the only accredited high school in buchanan co.. so that opens the door for any student to come there for education! If thats true, in my opinion it would be discriminatory to keep a person from participating in sports if they have the grades. Plus meet all the VHSL guidelines.

Yes, blues 82 i saw where you mentioned it in a earlier post! you must have inside info!! lol....

All being said TV will be pretty dang tough again this year. Hopefully even make it to Richmond.

Also, it would be a shame if Rick wasn't able to be on the bench during Kents final year! Personally i think he will be.. I guess time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BB_TWEEDER

I overheard DJ tellin one of my firends at the BDD Baseball turny today that he wasent moving to Twin Valley this year.