How good will Bluefield be next season?

GrundyWinsAll

[ QUOTE ]

Will they be as strong as this year or do they lose a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

We lost our all-state QB ( rusty coeburn), Kicker ( lucas stone), michael davis at wr, the steptoes (rb's) and David Perdue. Tracy coppoloa, daniel wells, T.J morris, andy bales .all of them starters...

So yea, i dont think were going to be to good off next season. But we'll do ok i guess. As long as we beat graham, i really dont care if we lose every other game this season..Just beat graham

Those close to the program, which usually downplay expectations, are feeling pretty good about next year. I believe the quote was, "We're going to be a lot better than many people think." I don't expect another trip to Wheeling, but the playoffs are very reasonable and when Beaver gets into the playoffs they usually advance pretty far. And I don't expect a losing record by any means. A couple of new additions could really bolster expectations.

Okay...Well I hope Bluefield comes back and has a good season this year. I'd like to see Weir meet them in the playoffs b/c I think it has become a good rivalry for the players and fans. The game always seems to bring the best out of both teams.

i don't know if i could take any more of those Bluefield/Weir overtime and double overtime games. i know how hard it was to watch those games from the Bluefield side, so i couldn't imagine the heartache of being on the Weir side. those 2 teams played their guts out the last 2 years and that is truly one of those instances where you hate to see the final seconds tick off and one be declared a "loser"... even though they both won. those last 2 Weir games are 2 of the best HS games i've ever seen or been a part of (but not #1 because i'm still biased to the '91 & '92 Beaver/Graham games wink.gif

i wish luck to weir this season. we know what it's like to feel like you have the best team in the state, but come up just short 2 years in a row. maybe the 3rd will be the charm?

I think it will be. The seniors this coming year will have gone through two hearbreaking seasons their sophomore and junior years. They seem to have good leadership and the new coach seems to be working out well and has them working hard. I think it will be their year, but only time will tell. Right now several of the players are trying to repeat as state champs b/c they play on Weir's team as well. It would be nice to end this school year and begin the next w/ titles in baseball and football. Anyways, good luck to Bluefield and I hope to see you guys in the playoffs.