Lineman info...

Rebs

Just out of curiousity out of all you big men in SWVA, who has recorded a 40 yard time and what was it?

What about bench, squat, and power clean?

Some of you all think the 40 yard time is a waste of time because track speed is different that field speed but if you would look at all questionaires front recruiting coaches that is always a question... Same thing goes for Bench and Squat, just because someone bench pressed 400 pounds doesn't mean he's a good FOOTBALL player...

Well if I remember correctly you're the very one who doesn't think those times are important. Well obviously they are otherwise every coach in america wouldn't be interested in it. So you can make all the smart remarks you want but facts are facts. Do me a favor and keep the remarks to yourself. If you dont have any information on the things I was curious about dont waste the message board space with a reply.

since i pay for the space here i'll waste what i want... grin.gif

I was just kidding with you don't get all emo...

Of course the 40 times are important...I just think there is more to it than pure speed. It's just one of those things I think scouts put more in to than they should...just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

Well if I remember correctly you're the very one who doesn't think those times are important. Well obviously they are otherwise every coach in america wouldn't be interested in it. So you can make all the smart remarks you want but facts are facts. Do me a favor and keep the remarks to yourself. If you dont have any information on the things I was curious about dont waste the message board space with a reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, He runs the message board there tard, So if I were you, id keep my mouth shut. grin.gif

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hey REBS. James is getting stronger in his legs lol at 245 plus lbs he can dunk a volley ball now. The last his bench was it was around 260. And squat id say is in the upper 300's lower 400's.

aint bad, how old is the kid? i can tell you that there is noone at grundy anymore who can do that, not even big charlie, who isnt that strong anyways, lol. so, what is this, if youre a lineman, give your stats or somethin?

I agree with you on that part... there's definetly more to it than just pure speed and bench and squat numbers, but all i was saying is they are still important because that's is one of the first things recruiters ask. like i said before 500 lbs on a bench press is totally different than 500 lbs on the field. they do emphasize more on numbers than talent but what can you do. the whole point of starting this post was for my own curiousity on the speed and strength of some local 'big men'.

I know Zac Lambert, an upcomining Senior at ebanon, he runs like a 5.5 40, and benches 355, and Josh Dye runs like a 5.3 and I don't know on bench... Thats the only big guys I can think of off hand their stats. I'd say Garrett Arms should be pushing 350+ also, whats he at?

Zac has a bad case of holding/ pulling you down, but he says its an advantage, and Dye is all around good blocker. Gets beat by small quicker players though.

Well Marion has Nathaniel Call , An up and coming senior. He runs the 40 in 4.9 and benches 340 , squats 415 and power cleans 245 , he is there only returning all district person but he will defenatly be tough to handle.

Hey Im am the James kid that tweeder was talking about i am 17 227 lbs. I can bench 270 my squat is like 370 i can powerclean 220 and my deadlift is like 450 i can run a 5'2 40 i outrun one of our freshmen cornerbacks. My coaches say that i am a good blocker and defensive player.

Jarrod Burton from Tazewell is a brute. He's benchin low 300's, squatin low 400's, and cleanin a little less than 300, I think it was 295. He ran his 40 in 4.8, which is really fast for a guard. Gavin Angle is also a hoss. He's a starting offensive tackle. His stats are about the same as Burton's but he's not as quick.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

It would be great if one school could get all these players lol. smirk.gif

"if if's and but's were candies and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas" haha sorry. had to say it.

Who are the bigun's comin outta Grundy? Ya'll always have some brutes. And which starting linemen graduated this year. I know Matt Lee did, but that's all I know about.

lol, yeah, weve had about one every year for a long time, luke, markus, albert, matt slone, me. but matt left this year, so did breck stiltner, and heath, but he was only in there this past year though. i just was wondering what wouldve have happened if i had keeped my big ole butt in tazewell and didnt move. lol. but well never know will we, lol.