Worst year ever?

GHS06

Probably the worst year for Graham Athletics that I can remember. (I graduated in '02, brother graduates this year) The basketball team only won 1 or 2 games my freshmen year, that was pretty bad. Biggest lowlight of this year I think would have to be losing to Tazewell in football. It had been I think about 10 years since that had happend.

This year was DEFINITELY the worst year ever for Graham soccer. Only season we have lost both the regular season and the district tourny. Probably the only time we didn't advance past the regional quarterfinals either. Tazewell and Richlands have still never beaten us at soccer, and if that day ever comes, it will automatically trump this year as being the worst.

[ QUOTE ]

???

we lost the district what twice EVER

and this was one year

every other sport sucked

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not derick but i speak for the class thats gonna be seniors next year i agree with the guy from graham i wudnt know nething about any other sport but if they play with as much heart as their soccer team does then they gotta SUCK the soccer team has alot of talent but they are stuck up and full of themselves theyd rather fall down and cry than get there socks dirty especially belcher who ud think wud be tough since he has such a strong resemblence to frankenstien im lookin foward to whoopin the tar outta u all this comin year wish a coulple of u all werent graduateing scrubs is the only one of u all that needs to be playin with the guys the rest wud fit n better with the girls league

[ QUOTE ]

Only season we have lost both the regular season and the district tourny.

[/ QUOTE ]

second season. carroll won regular season and tourney in '99. (3-2 CC, 3-1 GHS,--playoff 3-2 CC ---tourney 3-2OT CC)

Bluefield had a pretty decent year..

Our football team, State Champions

Our baseball team, One win away from going up-state

Our track team, quniton steptoe won sevral awards at the state track meet

Our girls tennis team, laura acken lost in the singles championship game..

our basketball team, made it to the semi-finals i belive it was

Overall,not to shabby

[ QUOTE ]

is it me or is this the worst year in graham high school sports ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

YEP!!! No Senior leadership in any sports this year...Graduation will be a good thing for Graham...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

YEP!!! No Senior leadership in any sports this year...Graduation will be a good thing for Graham...

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate it man...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nathan Belcher...now there was a true leader!!! There were no Nathan Belchers on any of the teams I watched this season...

[ QUOTE ]

There were no Nathan Belchers on any of the teams I watched this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not have come to soccer games then...his brother Thomas who was a senior led the team quite well...

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, the short mememories of youth.

I am one of the founders of the soccer program at Graham. The first team fielded was in the spring of '95. We spent our own money for most equipment and went door to door to local businesses for money. I think we won 3 or 4 games. We traveled all over the place to get our asses handed to us.

In Spring of 96, we got better and won 5 or 6 games. There was no district to win at the time. Tazwell, Grundy and Richlands didn't have teams. Well, Richlands had a club team that we beat 12-0 in a scrimmage.

I really don't feel bad for you guys complaining. I have a vested interest in the Graham soccer program, both boys and girls. I know quite well a player on the girls squad, their leading scorer. And I was in the group of guys that got the boys program started. Ask Debbie Hart about the early days of Graham soccer if you ever get the chance.

I might be new here. But G-Man knows me and can vouch.