guns and weapons wanted

tom

sigs are good weapons, I know a lot of professionals also use those. I've never shot a sig myself.

It's good that the handguns make changes and have competition, it makes for some really good advances.

My sister lives in knoxville, I might have written that before, but she has a .38. she had a permit here but she moved down there in '01 and has never done anything about being certified, she still carrys it in her vehicle loaded though, even though I tell her not to.

She's in for a day on her way to washington with my parents and nephew from tx, we all went shootin last night in bland county up on a mountain. We had a really good time.

She said the xd caused a lot of discomfort in her left hand though, and didn't finish the magazine, to much of a pop for her.

• 3 months later...

hey fellas..i have an ANIB..Thompson 1927 A1 Deluxe, .45 cal 'Tommygun' with a 50 rnd thompson drum and 3 30 rnd stick mags with hard case (yes just like the ganstas used in the 20-30's, lol) i fired 3 rnds thru it to check function and cleaned it and put it in the safe..i invested over $1300.00 in it and ill sell it for $1150.00 but id prefer to trade for any combination of a SPAS 12, Benelli M3 or M4, HK and Sig pistols in 9mm preferably OR a Remington 700 police sniper rifle with bull or fluted barrel and a tactical Nikon scope..(hey, maybe someone will have one..lol) but i have pics upon request..will come to you for transfer if deal is right..shoot me a PM..thanks

I shot a gun once grin.gif But my stepdad knows all about guns, he was a 25 yr. E-8 in the army than got a job in a hunting store, but he moved down here. He offers those concealed weapons courses, I cant wait until Im old enough too smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i just have one now..i bought a bulgarian slr-95 milled reciever and took it to a custom machine gun builder and he reworked and retooled several internal parts and put the gun back to 'original' ak-47 status and its GORGEOUS and functions flawless...has beautiful wood..just lovely....lol what do you have??

I just figured you did, I'm in the market for a battle rifle in .308 power caliber. Reads like a really good rifle you have.

I've never really cared for having an ak but I'm reconsidering it because of my laziness at cleaning a weapon or maintaining it in the woods. I wouldn't mind something I could plow a field with when I'm in the woods with my dogs and know it would still shoot. Something tough that field strips and functions easy.

I've been considering the springfield socom 16 or the scout squad, but while tough as you know they aren't quite as simple as ak s, and they are in the 1,500 $ range.

I figured you had an ak in your arsenal though.

i have a match Springfield M14 as well, heavy gun but proven manstopper..that socom would be sweet but from what you are telling me you want to do with the gun and the caliber you want, id suggest a GOOD AK47..the key is GOOD, quality goes a long way with functioning perfectly..these Romanian ones on the market are junk, the WASR-10 version of them are absolutely worthless, some of the ones made in the Cugir arsenal in Romania are ok but overall, you'd be happier spending about 600-900 and get one that you know will work and last when ya need it and the 7.62 rnd is pretty decent as well, the ammo is inexpensive ( i have a 75 rnd drum on mine)....i have 2 colt AR 15's one of them all 'blinged' out with the accessories and i swear by it, and that 223 is a wicked rnd to be so small, but consider a Bushmaster or soemthing in the AR series, some of them come in 7.62 as well, they just require a lil more TLC in the field than the Ak's...lol

I've been an ar fan for years, from the army, and I considered an ar-10 for these purposes in '04, but I was just never sold on 1. For this anyhow.

I'm considering the russian vepr k, in 7.62, I've read nothing but good things about them, aside from they are somewhat heavy.

• 3 weeks later...

when the 500 was introduced it was billed as the mot powerful handgun in the world some people take 'powerful' and twist it to fit their advertisement, some refer to velocity, energy, size, powder etc, so you might have several guns that are best in one category and all lay claim to the most powerful title..that bein said, i shot one last month, and to me, makin that gun was just a marketing tool, it was heavy, trigger pull was horrendous, recoil will snap your wrist and if you are thinking of a quick second shot, forget it the gun is impossible to hold close to target with that recoil and the muzzle flash nearly blinded me..ammo, i was told was close to $1.65 a ROUND and who needs that on top of a $1000 gun??..the gun MIGHT see some usefulness in bear country as a defensive weapon but other than that, i see lil use for it, even in a hunting format...just my opinion tho.. grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...