LIVE from the North South practice

BHS95

Hello South West Virginia, This is Rusty Coeburn, Daniel Wells, Doug Vineyard, Cody Clay, and Joe Ball. We are waiting for the lunch room to open and figured we should update everyone on how North South practice has been. Everything is going great and we will be checking in everyday before lunch if any questions occur.

Hey guys! Keep us posted on all the activities and stuff taking place with the event! I'm sure everyone here on the board would like to get the "inside scoop"!!!

I have a question. Who is doing the kicking for the South? I was looking over the roster and it doesn't list a kicker where the North has two, Louden and Shadle. I would have figured Lucas Stone would have been selected since he was one of the top kickers in the state this past season.

[ QUOTE ]

I have a question. Who is doing the kicking for the South? I was looking over the roster and it doesn't list a kicker where the North has two, Louden and Shadle. I would have figured Lucas Stone would have been selected since he was one of the top kickers in the state this past season.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great question, Weir I was wondering the same thing. Lucas should have been included IMHO.

I said it when the roster was released, it would not surprise me if the South lost this game b/c of the kicking game. You cannot underestimate the value of a kicker and it would appear the person(s) that put the South squad together did just that. Good luck to the South though, especially the local guys.

Alex Ashley has been brought in from Capital and he was brought in to replace an athlete from Chapmanville. A player from Huntington quit so we are left with a very determined and hard-hitting 35 lead by Jake Gilliam and Josh Powers smile.gif from WAYNE high school. There is notably a difference between the styles of play within the South, but its all good when we come together to play as one this saturday night.

I would like to ask another question. How does the South plan to stop the North's speed and athleticism. I'm not saying you can't, but I'm just wondering how you plan on defending the likes of Nate Sowers, Dana Davis, Chance Litton, Spencer Farley, and Miguel Lockett. I was expecting a blowout last year b/c of the speed of the North, but the South played tough and almost beat them. Anyways good luck to both teams and I hope it's a great game.

a better question is how is the south gonna contend with a Weir player bein on the north squad?? that automatically ensures a North victory and makes the Weir players eligible for the NFL drraft since they are just head and shoulders above everyone else in athleticism and skill..hahaah

Wow, can we get away from the Weir/Bluefield debate Tom? There is one Weir player on the team who is a lineman and a good one at that but I never said he'd change the complection of the game. Cooper turned down the offer to play by request of the WVU coaches and I believe Dawson did too. Those were two of the top players in the state right there and could have helped the North immensely. However, I think the North team will be fine and has more than enough talent.