SWVASPORTS.COM

Well how are the beavers looking in 2005-2006 ?

bluefieldRocks

I really think we'll have a pretty good team. Up state it we play to our potential!

But i think the starters will be

Dexter Moore (jr)

Kyle Hammond (jr)

Treymane Matthews (sr)

Maruice someting? (sr)

Chance Cotrell (jr)

or maybe jon payne (jr)

What do you think rules? and all the other beaver fans?

[ QUOTE ]

I really think we'll have a pretty good team. Up state it we play to our potential!

But i think the starters will be

Dexter Moore (jr)

Kyle Hammond (jr)

Treymane Matthews (sr)

Maruice someting? (sr)

Chance Cotrell (jr)

or maybe jon payne (jr)

What do you think rules? and all the other beaver fans?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget rising sophomore Ansel Ponder, who will be a major contributor this year unless something unforseen occurs.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't forget rising sophomore Ansel Ponder, who will be a major contributor this year unless something unforseen occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do infact think he will be getting some playing time. But weather he starts or not. I'm not sure. I believe there going to start people who are a little more firmilar to the plays rather than ansel who's only know them for 1 year...But i do say he may start later on in the season...

When i was in 9th grade our basketball team went like 9-3 i believe....that was without dexer moore..

and this years 9th grade team didnt have ansel on it neither. So maybe this is a sign of good things to come?

[ QUOTE ]

But weather he starts or not. I'm not sure. I believe there going to start people who are a little more firmilar to the plays rather than ansel who's only know them for 1 year

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You don't keep a talented kid from starting just b/c he lacks experience unless you have a more experienced player that's just as good. And Bluefield doesn't have such, especially inside. As a freshman playing JV last year Ponder had three 20+ rebound games and a game where he scored 34 points and grabbed 24 boards. The kid can rebound and score inside, which is something Bluefield was lacking last year.

I know the kid you're talking about. I thought he made outstanding improvement as the year went on. However, Ponder is twice the athlete that kid is in that he's a better jumper and quicker, both in running and off the floor. Besides, in the JV games I watched that kid didn't start JV while Ponder did and you think he'll start over Ponder on the varsity level? No way, unless the kid explodes over the summer and improves 10-fold.

BTW: If T. Matthews had the heart and desire that the Cotrell kid does to improve his game and give it his all on both ends of the floor each time Matthews would be a beast for Bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW: If T. Matthews had the heart and desire that the Cotrell kid does to improve his game and give it his all on both ends of the floor each time Matthews would be a beast for Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I mean he has the height. and the stregnth (i think). I just wish he would become more of a team player and become more physcal down low

• 4 weeks later...

i dont think the question should be how you guys will do, but if Gilliard (sp?) will be able to do anything with the talent he's got

i mean sorry beaver faithful but i believe the most of you would agree had it been Gaither that there with the beavs in charleston in the semi-final game against Westside, that it would have been closer, if not with a different ending

Bluefield had just as much talent last yr and really worried me, when thinking would have to face them in the semis....i really was worried of what happened to Westside against Winfield the previous yr happen to them against you guys but then something happened that i'd never seen and that is a team shoot 3s after 3s after 3s, i mean it just didnt look like a bluefield team last yr

that being said, if Gilliard gets his act together and is able to do something, he has a talented bunch of kids this yr, that could be a special group...of course if Westside makes it as far as the beavs does i'll be rooting for my Renegades, but if they dont i'll be rooting for the beavs!

hey now Rocks you being a spoiled sport now

dont hate Westside, hate your coach for not doing a better of a job...lol

either way bluefield is the closest team to me outside of Wyo. East and i just refuse to ever root for them in anything, no matter if Westside is put out by them or not, just aint happening....lots of folks in my area are like why root for bluefiled, why not logan?

and my response is i have more i-net friends from bluefield than logan...lol

and it still dont change things Rock, i'll be rooting for ya'll if Westside doesnt make it, but if they do and we cross paths again, you can better bet i'll be rooting for the 'Gades grin.gif