Woodrow Wilson Football

FootballGuy5

• 3 weeks later...

After the past two disappointing seasons, I'm really not sure what to expect.

One thing is for sure though, the backfield will be explosively quick with speedsters Marquel Ali, Blaine Mayo, and a quick fullback in Emeka Eneje. It also looks like the super athletic Marcus Manns will play quarterback. More speed at Beckley than there has been in a long, long time.

No, Tim Carrico from shady is coaching over there now. A lot of ppl thought Alls was going but hes not. Like someone said earlier probably bench press 350 lbs. and lose every game. I give them the credit they have good athletes but they just dont think they have the attitude, until they get off there high horse and realize that no one is scared of them, i dont see them winning many games. Lilly is boosting there egos and there gonna be in for a huge let down.

I don't think Beckley football is on any more of a "high horse" than anyone else. I will say that the teams the last two or three years were hyped up quite a bit more than they should have been and a lot of people bought into the hype. That just seemed to increase the disappointment.

The team should definitely be better this season with all of the added speed. How much better, I'm not sure. They will need a good line to run behind like BR said. They will also have to learn how to stop someone on defense and find a kicking game. They will need to improve in almost every area from the last couple of seasons.

I guess we will see.

i think i know why they wont win many games.

1 08/26/05 H RIVERSIDE HIGH SCHOOL -

2 09/02/05 H CAPITAL HIGH SCHOOL -

3 09/09/05 H PARKERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL -

4 09/16/05 A GREENBRIER EAST HIGH SCHOOL -

5 09/23/05 A CABELL MIDLAND HIGH SCHOOL -

6 09/30/05 H ST. ALBANS HIGH SCHOOL -

7 10/14/05 H SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL -

8 10/21/05 A HUNTINGTON HIGH SCHOOL -

9 10/28/05 A NITRO HIGH SCHOOL -

10 11/05/05 A GEORGE WASHINGTON H. S.

Maybe they'll beat Greenbrier East if there not to tore up from playin Parkersburg the week before. and maybe St. Albins other then those teams who can they beat? like it or not they will be 0-3 after the first 3 games and with there attitudes they wont win 7 straight to get a decent seed in the playoffs. i know you can be 5-5 and make the playoffs in AAA but i dont see them beating Cabell Midland, Huntington or Nitro.

Who do they have coming back on the line that has much experience and is good?

I read in the paper that the two tackles will be Micah Carter (6'6", 315), and Mike Morris (305). The two guards will be Austin Peters (245), and Richard Stowers (265). Stowers and Peters played some on the line last season.

That is a huge line but I hope they have some quickness to go along with that size. It doesn't matter how big the line is, they still have to block.

The schedule is brutal. We'll find out real quick what type of team we have after the first three games.

• 4 weeks later...

The best I can see the Flying Eagles finishing is 2-8 or 3-7.

I'm not knocking them, but they are playing one of the harder schedules in the MSAC.

"OUCH", 7 of their opponents should make the WV AAA playoffs.

Riverside: L

Capital: L

Parkersburg: L

Greenbrier East: W

Cabell Midland: L

Spring Valley: W or L

St. Albans: W or L

Huntington: L

Nitro: L

George Washington: L

Don't think I'm knocking Woodrow, cause I also have:

Greenbrier East going 0-10.

Princeton going 2-8, with wins over only Pikeview and Greenbrier East.