1. Rural Retreat 10-0 (7-0)*It'll be very close between RR and GW

2. George Wythe 9-1 (6-1)*

3. Chilhowie 7-3 (5-2)

4. Lebanon 5-5 (5-2)

5. Patrick Henry 4-6 (3-4)

6. Northwood 3-7 (2-5)

7. Holston 2-5 (1-6)

8. John Battle 0-10 (0-7)

That's my predicton. What about yall's predictions?

• 1 month later...

Gw always has a fast D. If they can find someone to slow down Hawkins from receiving over 100 yards, I think GW will win by 2-3 tds. Also, Retreat 10-0, don't forget about Floyd County. Always tough!! I don't know how good they will be but they always field a competitve team. By the wa, has RR ever beaten Floyd? WE have faced off 4 times (2001-2004) and Floyd has always won by double digits.

Were you at the Carroll County Scrimmage? We have a lot more than just Hawkins. We have a great balanced attack. Also, have you saw GW scrimmage this year? I have..and I wasn't impressed with them. Their defense was fast, but there offense was nothing more than Derrick Davis scrambling for long TDs. No speed on the offense like they've had in the past.

RR's Qb runs the option as well as any qb I have seen in high school. Didn't you guys lose the running backs? Still if any team can take away Hawkins, then I think RR loses. However, I don't think anyone can take him away. GW may want to put Davis on him. Doesnt't he have some height? I also have heard outside the boards that GW is not overly impressive. Floyd will not be able to stop Hawkins, but they will put tremendous pessure on the qb. Floyd also will bring alot of speed that may combat the option. Strange how Floyd plays Carroll then Retreat to open the season. I am sure the coaching staff was at the scrimmage today.

Hawkins is 6-3. If teams try to double him, we have plenty of other proven playmakers to step up and take advantage of that. TJ Stone at TE, and Mason Hudgins at WR. If they double him, it'll only open up other players.. Our offensive line has really improved, so getting pressure may not be as easy as you think. Matthew hardly got touched in the CC scrimmage. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens when Floyd comes to our house. grin.gif