WV State Championship Predictions

WeirFootball

I know it is really way to early to make any bold predictions, but I want it to go on record that I think Bluefield will be a legitimate contender this year. They are going to have the athletes, the only thing that concerns me is the inexperience. If the guys who are returning from this past years team step up and take the leadership role, look out! You better believe that Coach Simon and the rest of the coaching staff will have those boys ready come August. Good luck this season to the Beavers and remeber, as long as you give it your all, no one can ask anything else from you!

I don't really know enough about a lot of the AAA and A teams to say. I don't know who lost what but the Parkersburg teams and Morgantown are always tough in AAA and Wheeling Central and Williamstown are always contenders in A. I will also say that I look for Weir to be tough this year and depending on the new coach, they should be contenders this year as well.

Montcalm if i recall was in the title game for girls softball against wheeling central a few seasons ago, and they were in the girls basketball tournament in charleston.

They've had a few good basketball players on the boys teams.

Their football teams commonly have 1 - 9 or 2 - 8 seasons though.

The thing is, I would expect them to do better at least somewhat in basketball, bramwell, which is a very small town, and was a "very" small a school, consolidated with montcalm, and bramwell actually had some exceptonal basketball teams and had a state title of 2 in aa around the late '80s or early '90s. If I recall for some reason they even played bluefield 1 season and defeated them rather easily in basketball. They had a very respectabl basketball tradition there. And it's not as if they moved up in classification, montcalm is a, so not certain the reason they don't have strong teams in boys basketball from time to time.