consoladation

lumberjack

[ QUOTE ]

I heard on J104.5 about a school in McDowell County being closed, I think it was Gauley Bridge? Is that in McDowell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gauley Bridge is in Fayette Co., WV.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

As far as I know it is Big Creek and Iager being consolidated.

"Mingo South" (for M/B/W) is still being fought in court. I think 2008 is the earliest that construction can start at the Red Jacket site, near the new CFX.

Gauley Bridge was closed this Summer by Fayette Co. - they'll be going to Valley (Fayette) in Smithers now.

Big Creek & Iaeger are supposed to consolidate at Bradshaw in a couple of years.

Heard groundbreaking was planned for this Summer, but a cemetary has to be moved before the access road can be built.

Big Creek and Iegar won't consolidate intill 2007 or 2008...I think it is absolutly stupid what they are doing with the high school...And to make people in the city of war drive 20 minutes to Iegar to go to school everyday is crazy...

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is Big Creek's last year as a school.

[/ QUOTE ] This is Big Creek's last year to have a football team, but i dont think they are supposed to shut it down untill 07,08