Martinsville????

ballbreaker

I heard they are supposed to be bigger and better this year but they also moved back up to Div 4 AA. They have a pretty tough schedule, opening up with Graham then playing Bassett and Magna Vista and AAA Div 6 Franklin Co..

go out and check out a practice xdog...i usually do one or two days during august. they're usually behind the vocational building out hospital drive or up on the old baseball field behind the tennis courts. but besides that, we should be in very good shape this year. a decent amount of experience and a large amount of size returns. besides the guys i listed a few weeks back, we'll have 5 total transfers that i know of coming in. they all played in the team basketball camp a couple weeks ago at wm. byrd. all 5 will play football as well, but only 3 will be varsity level. we got 3 brothers from halifax county who transferred in...the eldest is every bit of 6'5 or better and around 215-220. he's pretty good and quick on his feet and it seems like he'd make quite a DE. his next youngest brother is 6'1-6'2 and probably 190. he appeared to be more than willing to get in there and mix it up for rebounds on the bball court so i could see him making a nice LB. i'm anxious to see how it all comes together this year. like mentioned above, the schedule will tell the tale....we've got the two-time defending state champion gretna hawks on the schedule, perennial powers graham and rustburg, along with the d5 halifax co. and d6 franklin co. to go along with the district schedule.

I wonder how many, if any, FC or Laurel Park players transfered to MHS? Good to hear about those 3 brothers from Halifax coming in. Maybe the Dogs will win the district this year. Like you say the schedule is pretty tough this season but maybe Taylor Edwards will have them ready.