TWIN VALLEY 2 A DAY REPORT

bucfan64

Things went well Monday at Twin Valley.

The practice session saw 25 players suited up and ready to go. The roster should top out at 28. Two players are still out of town should be back by Wednesday I am told and one transfer should be suited up on Tuesday. Don't know much about the kid, except that he is 6'3" and about 240lbs his family is originally from here and apparently he played varsity ball last year somewhere in NC.

Numbers are up and enthusiasim is high. This is without a doubt the best that TV has ever looked during the first of August. Only time will tell if the team can make some strides. Plenty of linemen all told 14, the rest are backs and receivers. Pretty good mix of talent with several returning starters.

Defense will probably be the strong point of the team this year as it may take the offense some time to gel. Replacing Brandon Helton, Chance Hamro and Derek Keen will not be an easy task.

Heard Honaker had 49 out the first day, what about everyone else in the BDD?

Keep on Keepin' On

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hurley had 21 out.... We looked impressive... Hopfully the #'s will go up.

For TV to have 25-28 this early is really good, and for someone to knock that is in a way a little childish i would think. Yeah Big Creek may have 35 and that to is great but they are i would imagine a bigger school than TV. Like one poster said 55 is a lot for a AA school? In Bluefield? No sense in trying to slam a post that someone is proud of there team to have more kids possibly this year than any, glad to see more kids in the mix at TV and being from there but not living there now i will be pulling for them to have some success this year, and more so it looks like they could have a good year with a lot of kids back and a much better schedule with Giles and Grundy off the board.

Think the last time grundy played TV was 2 years ago but if you read the post i also put Giles in there which they have played the last 2 years, so all in all the fact that they have played teams like Grundy and Giles since they were formed has made for a much tougher schedule than the one they have this season. See what i mean now?