Dukes of Hazzard Movie

mavsgrad

Some of you may have heard the controversy over the newly released Dukes of Hazzard Movie. Just to let you know, I saw it tonight and if you have any thoughts of it being like the original show don't bother going. Other than the General Lee there isn't even hardly a hint of the original show in the movie. As a stand alone movie it it probably a 7.5 but as a remake it's a 0. I'm a little irritated because this movie is a disgrace to the original show but it will still bring in a lot of money because people will go because of the original show.

A dumb blonde Daisy and a tall thin Boss Hogg is enough to tell me it isn't true to the original. I think I'll just wait until it's on HBO.

Now the Bad News Bears, I do want to see.

[ QUOTE ]

Now the Bad News Bears, I do want to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hilarious, that kid named tanner i believe it was, that always picks fights and talks crap. He gets in like 5 fights with the catcher and the disabled kid in a wheel chair..lol

[ QUOTE ]

A dumb blonde Daisy and a tall thin Boss Hogg is enough to tell me it isn't true to the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus the fact the two guys that are playing Bo and Luke Duke. When I first heard who was playing those roles I knew it would be nothing like the TV show. But come on, Jessica Simpson in Daisy Dukes and that little bikini? shocked.gif

I never saw the Original, but I liked it... Wasn't the best movie, but there were some parts that were funny. When they were driving to ATL and everyone getting mad at them, and when the driver yells TEST HIM FOR STEROIDS! lol

i remember watching on TV not to long again and i stopped on MSNBC and the guy who played Cooter was on there bashing the movie and telling all the true Dukes fans not to go watch it, cause it was a disgrace to the show and no where near close to anything they ever put off...

well i just brushed it off thought this guy was just upset cause he wasnt involved with the movie or something, well i went and i watched and i was disgusted

1st you have a thin Burt Reynolds playing Boss Hogg, compaired to the previous Boss Hogg, Burt was no where close to this role

2nd you have JK and that guy from American Pie playing the duke boys, complete opposite of the original Duke boys

3rd you have two no names playing Rosco and Enas (sp?) see the two above

and no of the movie made scene, the duke boys in college,having chances to make out with college girls, please the original show never even gave a hint of the boys going to college or anything

this movie is just a total disgrace and a total waste of money for anyone that ever enjoyed the original show, the only enjoyment through the whole thing for me was Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke, even though he accent was horrible in this movie but yeah the tiny winy bikini....wow indeed

and Willie as uncle Jesse was sorta funny

but still i prefer the original to the remake

i give the remake a big flat 0

Come on dude, I mean I know she is hot but she is as dumb as she is hot. Plus morals and good old southern pride have to come ahead of your hormones. All I'm saying is that Hollywood has done a major diservice to the original cast. They took a decent family show and turned it into a movie where Daisy is half naked all the time " not just shorts but bikinies which Catherene Bach hardly ever wore, Luke is a out of control horny guy and Bo is in love with the General Lee, like as in he talks to it and makes sexual comments about a car!!!! It had it's funny parts but the producers crossed the line ethically.

[ QUOTE ]

I am going to have to say you are right on this one. I like jessica but i think that catherine looked better in those shorts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you crazy????? Jessica Simpson was named sexiest woman alive this past year!! And plus, have you saw the old daisy duke now???? crazy.gif There is absolutely no contest of who looks better to me, Jessica Simpson, hands down!