Bland County 2005

bcb09

West Virginia  

1. 1. West Virginia

• Sweet 16
    • Elite 8
    • Final Four
    • Championship

Everyone thinks Bland County will never have good football team, well from the pratices i have seenthis past week looks like to me they could compeat for the MED title, they are very displained this year, with a great coach, this year it will be left to the players on the feild, coaching hasn't been good, with the biggest team Bland County has ever had with 30 players,10 seniors.......they should have a winning seson!

I know that evey year teams say "this is the year" well if bland has any chance, this WILL be the year. This is the best talent that the team has seen in its short time in the MED. they have many starters from last year and the players that are seniors are the ones that were on the unbeaten 7-8 grade teams. know i know thats not saying much but if they were able to dominate then they should at least put up a good fight this year. It will be a good year for the MED narrows looks strong and grayson looks to have a nother good year and from what i hear pocky "may" go 5-5. Some of the players to look for on bland are SR. FB-DT matt barker is an all region C lineman. SR. HB-OLB phillip henson who missed last season but his Sophomore year has over 600 years rushing in about 7 games. SR. OG-OLB kyle fogelson who was an all district player. JR. FB-MLB tyler pennington who was also an all district player. JR. WR-CB thomas willis who was all district CB his first ever year of REAL football. Good luck to all the teams in the MED i hope we have some GREAT battles on the feild.

Bland County, Pocohontas (and every other small school) cannot help the fact that they are small (enrollment-wise). Teams play in the district that they have to. I have friends who live in the Northern Virginia-DC area who make fun of ALL of the single A districts around here. Its all relative.

The MED may be the "weakest district in the state" but last year Fort Chiswell (who finished 3rd in the MED) put it to Rural Retreat who went farther than any other team from the "powerhouse" Hogoheegee. So, there's always hope!

i agree the MED isnt the best district but the thing iv learned in SWVA football is that ANYTHING can happen just like RR getting beat by a team that did even win or come second in the MED district. but that is what i love about football here every year teams beat teams they "should" lose to. we(bland) were supose to lose to Eastmont. last year by like more than 30 points and we ended up winning a VERY close game 15-14. so if there is one thing i can say for sure is that EVERYONE has a shoot at winning.