Bland County and Rural Retreat

bcb09

RR lost only 4 players. RR will win the region unless Hancock from Craig carries his team to a victory over RR. THink Bland will make the playoffs? Also, look for East Mont to be very tough in D1.

i dont think hancock is that good he is fast thats it no power. we were a week team last year and we were tied with them last year in the beging of the 3rd but a few turnovers and boom it got ugly fast

Boys who expect RR to go anywhere, here is how it is: Rural Retreat has a very talented coaching staff who will lull the defense to sleep by running, running, running, comback route, running, and then BOOM, a big pass to J.H. The athletic talent is no higher than that of an MED team. Matt Heldreth is one great QB but needs to work on not keeping his eyes on the receiver he is going to throw to. RR's running game wasn't up to par w/ a state competing team since they did nothing with BC. If a team has a running back quick enough to reach the corner, they are home free for a touchdown against the indians. My predictions for Wythe County competition is George Wythe on top of RR definately, and a very close game between RR and FC. And teams watch out for Stone. He basically does nothing in the game other than his little art of cheap shots that are legal in the books but shouldn't be happening

I think you are full of it! We rolled up 200 yards rushing on Bland I bet! So how can you say that our running game isn't up to par with state competing teams?? I didn't see Bland County in the state semi finals last year?? We also had 2 starters out on the offensive line against Bland..we had to move our starting left guard over to center, (he's a sophomore anyway)and put another sophomore in his place. Our starting right tackle was out also, so we had to put a freshman in his spot. Bland could barely make a first down against our defense..so how would you know if our defense has a weakness?? Oh yeah, and TJ Stone has hardly practiced because of a foot injury..He can barely walk..and I also saw him hit Bland's QB numerous times and catch a 2 point conversion. I didn't see him commit any cheap shots? I saw him making heavy blocks and knocking the crap outta people..but no cheap shots. So I have no idea why you put all that. You must be from George Wythe or really hate RR for some reason.

Every big rushing play was against the second a third team defenses which consists of pure freshmen. As a state team I guess I would feel good about that. And any other were all up the gut. Which MLB Pennington was out most of the game due to dehydration. But hey, if you can beat GW and back that up, I will give you credit but be VERY surprised.

the most yard RR racked was in the 3 and fourth quarter and it was just about ALL freshman out there so i mean stats dont tell a whole story in the first half all RR could to was pass. not to much rushing game. bland did have a great rusing game also though.

And TJ Stone is the most overrated player in Wythe County. He has never showed me anything in either football or baseball. But hey, maybe he'll be able to earhole all of GW's starting squad so you guys can compete with them.

I was a former student at GW high school and I belive the Indians will get toma-hawked bad this year. GW will abolish the Indian team. There pass coverage is dominant and with the help of Deo Camball Derek Davis and the speed of Larry McCoy the indian pass game will be shut down. Which leaves only the running game and punting game. Gw's line averages 230lbs. With Ben Irvins war cry and Caleb Roarks battle cry the running game will be shut down. Good Luck RR blush.gif

Oh well, no use in working up your self esteem for going 16-0 with BC in the first half. We'll see how the FC game goes and then you can brag from there. grin.gif Good luck against any superb DB group tho.