Grundy vs. Clintwood

waveman22

anybody have any predictions for the friday night showdown at Grundy, VA?? i'll say Grundy 28 Clintwood 21, the Green Wave will give grundy all they can handle, but i believe because of the running game of grundy they will prevale friday night. anyone have predictions?

The expectations may not be high and the cupboard may seem a little thin (in comparison to years past), but Grundy has consistently been a strong team for well over the last 10-12 years. I don't see anything changing this year, but teams do have down years. Could this be Grundy's? Very well might be. Is it going to be? I don't think so. This team has a lot of players who have seen Varsity action since they were Freshmen. They should be strong, and should have a good season.

I think Grundy beats Clintwood; even if they shouldn't, they'll still pull it out. Just a hunch. I may be wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

What is it with all the "Wave" nicknames for high school teams in Southwestern Virginia? There certainly aren't any oceans around here, so what's the story behind it?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the few PC names available... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What is it with all the "Wave" nicknames for high school teams in Southwestern Virginia? There certainly aren't any oceans around here, so what's the story behind it?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the few PC names available... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is there no "Red Wave" or "Brown Wave?"

Pretty soon, one of the oceans will file a lawsuit, claiming that all the Wave nicknamed teams are degrading and stereotypical of all ocean waves.

As for the Red Waves and Brown Waves, both of those bring up two bad thoughts that would be just too terrible to write about here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They stuck with "Wave" because "Beavers" has too much sexual innuendo involved.

Type "Beavers" in on a Google Picture Search. grin.gif

I think the wave references goes back to the use of a splash dam to transport lumber down river. A dam would be built backing the river up, the logs were tied together, then the dam would be blown up releasing the "wave" to be rode to the destination, Around here it was pikeville. Yes, I did say rode. Someone had to ride the logs .