POTW

oldskool

My player of the week vote goes to Robert Henry of Graham High. 150 yards rushing about 25 rec. 1 hellaciuos neck snapping stiff arm and an uncountable amount of broken tackles. TJ Carper of Graham High had a very good game also with probably over 100 yards total. Punt returns were very good. Richlands QB had a very good game also from what I read in the paper, as did the Gardner kid from Princeton.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Mine goes to Nathan Justus from Hurley.He ran for over 100 yards on 6 carries and had bruised Ribs to top off that.

Yes McCracken had a very nice first start. I don't think GC expected him to run like he did. He looks like a bear to bring down.

I liked Henry when I first saw him a couple years ago. I expected more from him last year but it sounds like he's going to be the threat I thought he would.

I think they will be fine if the other players can get involved a little bit. Brown had a couple of good runs and returns and yost and #28 caught the ball reasonably well. The key will be Workman. He showed great pride and toughness after putting the ball in Beavers hands 5 times. He got absoluetly killed 2 times from the back side but he stayed in there and made some plays when they needed them the most.

I'm pretty sure that the BDT has done this before so my pick goes to the entire Richlands defense. They pitched a shutout and held Gate City to 77 yards of total offense.

I think thats worthy enough for some consideration.

i was extremely impressed with McCrackins running ability on friday night. I knew he was extremely strong but i did not expect him to show the footwork that displayed. he made several people miss him at times. i hadn't really expected to see him run much this year but am glad to know we have another weapon.