Grundy at Shelby Valley

waveman92

Who does everyone think will win the game in Blue Grass Country this friday night? The only thing i know about shelby valley is that they are 2-0 and grundy is currently 0-1 with a loss to clintwood. My estimate is Grundy 28 Shelby Valley 14. There are still some things i saw in grundy last friday i didnt really understand. like: Bronson in the backfield instead of Josh McCown, who will more than likely be the starter next couple of years. and although bronson and Church did a pretty good job on Defense most of the rest of them didnt do very well. and the offensive line needs to block better. and i think that gaaron will be able to play more next friday. although, i will be at r-lands this friday, i will be listnen to it on tha radio.

I think Cody Biliter will be running the ball next year with Bronson and McCowan. Bronson is fast, that's why he is in there...he runs straight up and doesn't make any cuts though and doesn't have power to run over anyone...McCowan will be good next year if he gets in the weight room this off season.

As for this week...who knows. After last weeks showing I hope they learned something and move on to better things this week...if they drop this one they have to win the SWD to get in the playoffs I think.

My take is as Marcum goes, so goes Grundy...get him the ball and I think they will win...try to pass and spread the ball around to the other fumble fingers and you'll get spanked like last week...the defense is just not good enough to stay on the field all night and keep getting put inside their own 40 time after time on turnovers to keep a game close.

Just my .02 cents...

Yea.. from reading on here, and in the paper, it made that last game sound just terrible for the Golden Wave.

I think they'll bounce back though, be very motivated this week, and then they'll be back on track... this is all granted that they had a good week of practice though... cause if they have no leadership, like for example graham's team last year, they will put their heads down and just mope around in practice, and obviously on Friday Nights that will show, with an L in the column.

I'm not 100% definite, but I think this is correct. Heading down 460 to Pikeville, take the second US 23 exit (which goes away from Pikeville instead of the 460/23 road that heads into Pikeville). Shelby Valley is on the left up that way, roughly 5-10 miles. You can see the school and the field from 23 I think.

Anybody who knows for sure, please let it be known if I gave this right or not.

I'll just add a few details.

Don't turn left towards Elkhorn - stay on 460. Beware - 35 MPH through Regina.

When you get to the 4-lane past Shelbiana, don't turn right up the ramp towards Pikeville - go on under the bridge. When the curve becomes straight, get ready to make a right onto a 20 yard right-turn lane. Traffic might be backed up in that curve ... haven't been through there since the new Food City opened.

Go about 5 miles. SVHS is on the left, but it's set way back beside a mtn. and you won't see it unless you're really looking for it. The only (small) sign there last year was right at the crossover.

After you cross a mtn. and get to the 'high' bridge, look to your left and you'll see where KY is building the new 460 towards the Breaks. School is only about a mile or 2 from there.

It's about an hour's drive from school to school.

I can't blame it all on the coaches. I think we have an exceptional coaching staff(look at their record). This is a down year for the wave. We have had a hell of a run with a 10 year playoff run. It is possible for another one this year. Although, Marcum did not play defense, Demarco did not play, and Smith is out for the season. Put those 3 on D and the problems would be over. Demarco will play this week. If Garron was moved to safety(big if) the defense would be solid. Bradshaw played both ways and I think Garron could too(when the cast is removed). Grundy is too small a school to set your best player down for a rest. He did make the biggest play of his career on defense as a freshmen. But, I think this team is much better than they are given credit for. Yea they looked bad last friday. Now the "new faces" have some experience. What was the score minus the first quarter nerves? No one knew who the rb from clintwood was and now I think he could be All State single A. He was injured last year and made a heck of a comeback. I think the team will come together and make some noise before all is said and done.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't blame it all on the coaches. I think we have an exceptional coaching staff(look at their record). This is a down year for the wave. We have had a hell of a run with a 10 year playoff run. It is possible for another one this year. Although, Marcum did not play defense, Demarco did not play, and Smith is out for the season. Put those 3 on D and the problems would be over. Demarco will play this week. If Garron was moved to safety(big if) the defense would be solid. Bradshaw played both ways and I think Garron could too(when the cast is removed). Grundy is too small a school to set your best player down for a rest. He did make the biggest play of his career on defense as a freshmen. But, I think this team is much better than they are given credit for. Yea they looked bad last friday. Now the "new faces" have some experience. What was the score minus the first quarter nerves? No one knew who the rb from clintwood was and now I think he could be All State single A. He was injured last year and made a heck of a comeback. I think the team will come together and make some noise before all is said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Team=good players

Coaches=Functioning retards

The injury report keeps getting worse for the Wave...I heard Bronson tore his ACL this week during practice running the ball. He was the only one that looked good on defense last week. He's trying to come back, but my guess is he is gone for the year.

torn ACL is what I heard and if that's the case he'll have to have it or else he'll just pop it when he comes back in 6 weeks...he'd be best to go ahead and just rehab it properly before he screws up basketball season and next years football as well...if he has it now it will be 6 months before he can really get it rehab'd so figure another month or so before it's really up to speed so you are looking at April - May of 2006 or so for a proper comeback that would be "safe" to play again...assuming there are no further complications during rehab and everything goes perfect.

I hope he doesn't try to come back myself because he could end up a lot worse off if he does...we could sure use him but i'd hate to see him lost for next year or end his athletic outlook all together because he tried to do something crazy...torn ACL is nothing to play around with.