Directions

GrahamPride

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WARNING: GO THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE VIRGINIA SIDE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...I just remembered that my very first speeding ticket was going through Pembroke. Definately have to watch the speed through there. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My one and only speeding ticket was going through Pembroke. Cop said I was doing 66 in a 45, I think he got the wrong car for a couple of reasons...1) I drove through Pembroke A LOT while going to VT and I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, went/go over 45 through that spot in the road; 2) I was in an 8-year old Chevy Chevette w/100,000 miles on it (max. 90 HP when all 4 cylinders were firing in time...when it was brand new), and he said he clocked me going up the hill coming out of Pembroke to the west...NO CHANCE IN A WARMER CLIMATE that my Chevette could go 65 going up hill...it could barely go 65 down hill.

Went to court over it, had the Judge look at the car I was driving, even offered to let him drive it for himself to see if he could get it to 65...he didn't let me off but he did lower the charge to 54 in a 45, saved me from a "wreckless driving ticket"...yeh, right, wreckless driving in a Chevette...maybe wreckless for not being able to get the car up to the speed limit! tongue.gif

I'd rather "sneak in the back way" when going downtown.

Stay on the bypass another mile +. After the Prices Fork exit, you'll drift down to a traffic light. Turn left. Go about 3/4 mile and turn left (no light, but you can see Lane Stadium on that road). Go past Lane to the top of hill. Turn right (around Cassell Coliseum). Go about a mile. Washington dead-ends 1 block short of Main, so turn left, then make a right at the stop sign (7-11), and a right again at the traffic light. Bill Brown will be on the left about 2 blocks from there (back about a block from Main).

And pay attention to the speed limit signs. Once you turn off 460, the Hokie Smokies will get ya (you don't want to end up in the Hokie Pokie).

Only been to 1 game there, many years ago, so I don't know what traffic/parking are like.

Kool-Aid's directions will mess you up. If you come in on Main, pay no attention to the H.S. Keep on Main another couple of miles, through downtown, (which has a lot of turn lanes, so be careful). When you get out of the tightly-packed stretch, BBS will be at the top of the rise, back on the left.

The "Smart Road" directions apply if you're coming in on the Christiansburg side of town.

traffic and parking are terriable but i think coming from princeton it is better to take the first blacksburg exit yes a back road but you dont have to turn off any other roads just stay on main street thru downtown blacksburg till you get to the middle school on the christiansburg side of town. the middle school is on your left and the field behind it. easiest way to find it i think. and i have been to several of graham bruins ( indians ) games over the years there. just my opinion.

Are there any plans for Blacksburg to get a new field/stadium sometime in the future? The field they have now is horribly small, provides zero parking, and is a headache b/c of it's location. Although, I guess the new parking deck does offer more parking now.

Easiest way to Blacksburg's Bill Brown Stadium...

Take the North Main St. exit (just after the long grade down the mountain going into Blacksburg).

Stay on North Main St. all the way into town.

Once you get into downtown Blacksburg, stay on Main St. (which turns into South Main St.), look for BACKSTREETS RESTAURANT on the left (at the corner of Washington and Main).

Continue two or three blocks past BACKSTREETS RESTAURANT and look for the old middle school on the left.

The Stadium is behind the old school.

Before or after the game...enjoy a wonderful meal from BACKSTREETS RESTAURANT. They have a wonderful Italian menu and the pizza is as good as it gets!!! They also have the best breadsticks in town...try them with the marinara sauce or Ranch dressing...ummm, YUMMY!!!

This post was brought to you by the G-Man in hopes that BACKSTREETS RESTAURANT will see this post and give the G-Man a "discount" on his next visit... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd rather "sneak in the back way" when going downtown.

Stay on the bypass another mile +. After the Prices Fork exit, you'll drift down to a traffic light. Turn left. Go about 3/4 mile and turn left (no light, but you can see Lane Stadium on that road). Go past Lane to the top of hill. Turn right (around Cassell Coliseum). Go about a mile. Washington dead-ends 1 block short of Main, so turn left, then make a right at the stop sign (7-11), and a right again at the traffic light. Bill Brown will be on the left about 2 blocks from there (back about a block from Main).

And pay attention to the speed limit signs. Once you turn off 460, the Hokie Smokies will get ya (you don't want to end up in the Hokie Pokie).

Only been to 1 game there, many years ago, so I don't know what traffic/parking are like.

Kool-Aid's directions will mess you up. If you come in on Main, pay no attention to the H.S. Keep on Main another couple of miles, through downtown, (which has a lot of turn lanes, so be careful). When you get out of the tightly-packed stretch, BBS will be at the top of the rise, back on the left.

The "Smart Road" directions apply if you're coming in on the Christiansburg side of town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington St. goes all the way from Duckpond Dr. to Main St...it DOES NOT DEAD END. Be careful of the new "roundabout" they put on Washington at the interseciton of West Campus Drive.

So taking your directions...Go past Prices Fork Exit. Turn left at the stop light on Rt. 460 on to Southgate. Take first left off of Southgate onto Duck Pond. Take a right on to Washington. Follow Washington all the way to Main St (BACKSTREETS RESTAURANT will be across main on your left at the stop light... wink.gif). At the stop light, turn right, the school will be a couple of blocks on the left...Stadium behind the school.

BTW, there is a new stoplight at the intersection of Southgate and Spring Rd.

Wow - can't believe I confused Washington w/ Wall. Guess I spend too much time with the VV's back then. I think Mark kept VP Pie in business all by himself.

Man, I miss those.

I wonder how that roundabout is working out? I think the worst prob. they had/have is the crosswalk at Hillcrest. With the hill & the sun - hated it.