Hurley 40 Montcalm 22

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hurley is now 3-0. I hope we keep playing strong. things where slow in the start halftime the score was Hurley 18 Montcalm 14, but we cam out strong in the second half. Shane Justice had 180 + yards on 21 carries and 4 TD's. Isaac Stacy had around 70 yards Rushing 1TD and Nathan Justice had 8 carries I beleive for 83 yards. next week is a bye and hopfully no one gets the big head that can kill a team. Way to go on a good team effort.

For the first time all year, Hurley faced a team that could offensively challenge them (at least for two quarters). Montcalm's offense looked good early on, but both of there first half touchdown's came on breakdowns in pass coverage. Regardless of that, Hurley was down twice in this game (8-6, 14-12) and did not give up at all, and fought back to win this game quite convincingly.

Pass coverage needs a little extra work (can't ever give up two TD passes and not need that), as well as cutting out some of the penalties. Otherwise, everything is rolling smoothly. Keep up the good, hard work Rebels.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I think it was 96 was the last year. Maybe even 92, but it was one of those years.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Yeah he wasent as big of a factor in the second half when we adjusted to him. His passing is what hurt us in the first half, but we made adjustments and was alright. You Bring the middle linebacker on a blitz and contain outside like we did he has a tendency to make bad decisions so that helped lol. how did You guys do EH31?

Havens didn't get much running room early. They tried it once or twice, but it got them little. Havens had some good runs in the 4th Q, but by then Hurley had so many subs in that its hard to consider them meaningful.

I think Montcalm's offense runs better when they spread things out and and force you to cover 4-5 WRs or stop Havens on those QB Draws. Granted, I don't think they could have beaten Hurley (there defense just had no answer for Hurley's offense), but the game could have been closer.

One thing about it, Coach Havens @ Montcalm sure has improved this team the past three seasons. For the first time in 3 games, Montcalm actually played pretty good. I was glad to see that. I'm rooting for them the rest of the way, thats for sure.

[ QUOTE ]

how did You guys do EH31?

[/ QUOTE ]lol i don't wanna talk about it.. we didnt do too bad on offense. Had atleast 200 yards passing & 2 tds. Our running wasnt much but we only run the ball probobly 7 or 8 times. what killed us is our defense. We couldn't tackle! nobody was moving to the ball. They fumbled near 10 times the whole game. We only got 3 of them. They got around the end too easy. Big creek came out and played hard. I guess they just wanted it more than we did.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Thanks man. Its all good lol isnt nuttin like a argument between Hurley and Grundy lol It wouldnt be right if there wasent lol. But I wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the way man.

FOR the first time since 1992 I saw a HURLEY team effort not one player or two but all of them came out and played great a few bad coverage plays but all in all it had to be the best win so far this year.not even when GREG TESTER played did I see a total team play like this the 1992 team had about 3-4 players that played well all game but from what I have seen out of this HURELY team all of the starts give 100% all game. But like tweeder said dont get the big head its time now to see how good HURLEY is playing on the road there next game,and ISSIAC had a not so good nite he tried to do to much on the run as far as passing he needs to stand and stick his passes more like he has the past 2 games and not try to force it into a small hole and he is as smart of a QB that I have seen in while at HURLEY he has made good choices so far and he will bounce back ,he just cant get down on himself. I tell you one thing he is alot faster than I thought he was ,the way he ran that sweep was amazing and tweeder you did a great job blocking for the justus boys as well as under center when you were called on. Great game guys it is past time keep up the good work, and thanks to whom ever it was from grundy that said those good words about HURLEY ya dont see that to much LOL.I wish GRUNDY the best also.(LIFES TO SHORT TO JUST PLAY SO PLAY HARD!)LOVE THOSE REBELS!!!!

Way to go Hurley, keep up the hard work. Dont give up when things start getting rough like in years past. Ya are playing really good right now, just dont get the big head. Great team effort. Line good job blocking for shane, issac, and nathanie. Pretty good passing game going, keep up the hard work and good luck with Tomas Walker next week.