GRAHAM 34 BLACKSBURG 31

jeffro

This one went into overtime to decide the winner. A extremely emotional game for both sides.

Blacksburg scored on their first possession then on the ensuing kick-off Graham fumbled the return and it was 14-0 within the first moments of the game Graham tied it up at 14 by the half. In the second half Graham led with a 28-14 lead with about 5 minutes to go. Blacksburg then scored twice to tie the game. In overtime Blacksburg won the toss and had to settle for a field goal, Graham's possession resulted in a touchdown. An extremely exciting game for all the fans and let me be the first to say that Blacksburg started a freshman quarterback that is going to be GREAT. He passed the ball all over with trendous poise and accuracy

O.T. starts at the 10 yard line and each team gets a set of downs until the winner is decided. Does anyone know if each team only gets a certain number of downs before it called a tie?

[ QUOTE ]

then on the ensuing kick-off Graham fumbled the return and it was 14-0 within the first moments of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh..fumble...it hit him in the face mask and flew away from him

it was hilarious to see.

Thanks to the ones that posted directions on here to the game, I was able to make it Blacksburg to check this one out. Graham is looking better on turnovers. If that one had not hit TJ in the helmet, there would only have been the one turnover (the interception). Blacksburgs QB is only 14 years old and he is something else. They played a hard game but the G-men came together and pulled this one out. Very exciting game to watch. Congrats G-Men!!!

OT basics - each team gets a possession - 1st & goal at the 10. Series ends on a score, failed FG attempt, or a turnover (not necessarily 4 downs).

If still tied, you go to a 2nd OT, and so on. No "you must try for 2" rule anywhere down the line. State record is 6 OT's : Brookville 27, Salem 20, on Aug. 30, 2002.

i have to agree graham was very lucky in this game but they also wanted this game more and usually the team that wants the game more does what is needed to win the game. to go the extra step to give everything that they have left in the tank. and this is the graham team this year. they want to win every game for coach this year and in the long run for graham high pride. they are good and still learning ast they go. looks like turnovers were down in this game.

maybe they will get better with each game this year and have a good season for the coach the team and the school.good luck gmen and keep your heads up all season no matter if you win or lose a game you are graham high football. and remember that. play with pride with heart and win with grace and if you lose then lose with grace. dont brag how good you are just show it each week on the field. and leave nothing on the field after the game give it your all as you do each game. and make graham high and coach proud.

[ QUOTE ]

OT basics - each team gets a possession - 1st & goal at the 10. Series ends on a score, failed FG attempt, or a turnover (not necessarily 4 downs).

If still tied, you go to a 2nd OT, and so on. No "you must try for 2" rule anywhere down the line. State record is 6 OT's : Brookville 27, Salem 20, on Aug. 30, 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ball is put in play on the 20 not the ten in OT. Unless this was changed this year and I don't think it was.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ball is put in play on the 20 not the ten in OT. Unless this was changed this year and I don't think it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

They still start on the 10 yard line in VA. I wish they would move it back to at least the 15 or 20...would make things a little more interesting.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They still start on the 10 yard line in VA. I wish they would move it back to at least the 15 or 20...would make things a little more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it is by state adoption...I know in WV it is the 20.