CC VS DAWGS!!!

dawgsrule

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Unlike some people on here......I will hardly ever fuss about the ref's......however, SWD schools beware, not much has changed at Carrol County....AOA ref's or not! tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you see why I picked AGAINST the Dogs this week... shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call G-MAn! cool.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with that place? They're supposed to be using the same refs as the rest of the district yet nothing has changed?

No offense to Carroll fans (especially goalie grin.gif) but I'd like to see them in the piedmont and out of our hair. It's just too long of a drive to go down there and get screwed by the refs.

Guest Woolybugger

Granted, I wasn't on the field. Just the sidelines. But the only 'questionable' call I remember was a personal foul on Tazewell during either CC's last scoring drive or the drive that ended the game. Jake Lamb put some DB on his butt 10 yards downfield, and the kid was still rolling when the whistle blew. Taz sideline started raising hell I reckon, and got a p.f. call for it. Having seen the refs CC has used for the past few years, I'll take these guys any Friday.

Three big mistakes in the first half and getting just two first downs in the second half got Tazewell beat. Not the refs.

BTW, Taz #3 could be a heck of a runner if he'd quit trying to turn flips every time he gets hit.

all I'm saying about it is that no matter what kind of team you have and what kind of team CC has in any given (past 5 years) year...CC is hard to beat at home...the record speaks for itself...they might lose every road game to sub par teams or whatever and yet somehow don't drop a game at home against state playoff quality teams year in and year out.

take from that what you will.

well, i actually wasn't there to see the game, i listened on the radio, but bad calls or not i could tell our dawgs were having a bad night. they could've played better, but hey hopefully things will be better next game.. tongue.gif

all I'm saying about it is that no matter what kind of team you have and what kind of team CC has in any given (past 5 years) year...CC is hard to beat at home...the record speaks for itself...they might lose every road game to sub par teams or whatever and yet somehow don't drop a game at home against state playoff quality teams year in and year out.

WE HAVE ONLY LOST TO THE FOLLOWING TEAMS ON THE ROAD IN THE PAST THREE YEARS: GRAHAM, GRUNDY, RICHLANDS, FLOYD, BASSETT, AND MAGNA VISTA ALL OF WHICH ARE SUB PAR TEAMS ACCORDING TO YOU OKAY DO YOU EVEN HERE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. THE LAST 7 YEARS WE HAVE LOST EVERY TIME WE PLAYED AT YOUR PLACE BUT YOU HAVE WON A GAME AT OURS SO MAYBE YOU GUYS ARE PAYING THE HOME REFS OFF

don't forget about Abingdon...that's 7 teams combined losses between them on the road account for most of your losses period. You guys don't lose at home and Grundy and Richlands as well as those other teams are not always "up" either...just saying regardless of what else is going on you guys don't lose at home...you don't agree?

I agree, but i think we win cause we have the athetic ability and pride in our homefield, not because the refs cheat for us. Anyone could make the argument that refs are homers. like last year when we were at grundy, there were some questionable calls like the unsportsman like conduct on our fans for blowing the whistle when we could clearly hear in the stands that it was from grundys side. So i think that the refs are just as crooked here as they are anywhere else.

[ QUOTE ]

WE HAVE ONLY LOST TO THE FOLLOWING TEAMS ON THE ROAD IN THE PAST THREE YEARS: GRAHAM, GRUNDY, RICHLANDS, FLOYD, BASSETT, AND MAGNA VISTA ALL OF WHICH ARE SUB PAR TEAMS ACCORDING TO YOU OKAY DO YOU EVEN HERE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. THE LAST 7 YEARS WE HAVE LOST EVERY TIME WE PLAYED AT YOUR PLACE BUT YOU HAVE WON A GAME AT OURS SO MAYBE YOU GUYS ARE PAYING THE HOME REFS OFF

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, you forgot Losing to Tazewell at Tazewell in 2004 tongue.gif

Refs just suck any where u go. grin.gif and yes carroll is a hard place to win b/c of the invierment football has became the number 1 sport in carroll and our fans have been coming to more of the away games too.

because of the environment?? haha I was at the game last friday and the environment for Carroll County was more socializing than cheering for their team.. The stands werent even full, they wouldve if everyone standing around the steps and concession stand would pay attention to the game.. But about Tazewell losing.. They lost on the 1st two touchdowns with the turn overs and that big 3rd down (3rd and 15 or 20) Tazewell gave up to Carroll.. But dont get me wrong there are always some calls like the Personal Foul to the coach.. Carroll County cant say their home field advantage is given to fans and environment...

Home and away winning percentages since 2002

Home

Carroll .875

Richlands .864

Graham .727

Grundy .636

Tazewell .450

Away

Graham .722

Grundy .636

Richlands .556

Carroll .450

Tazewell .235

Combined

Graham 29-11 .725

Richlands 29-11 .725

Grundy 28-12 .700

Carroll 23-13 .638

Tazewell 13-23 .361

[ QUOTE ]

Carroll is 14-2 at home since 2002 with 13 consecutive home wins.

They are 9-11 on the road since 2002 and 7-8 since the home winning streak began.

In fairness to CC,

Richlands is 19-3 @ home, 10-8 away since 2002

Graham is 16-6 @ home, 13-5 away

Grundy is 14-6 @ home, 14-6 away

Tazewell is 9-10 @ home, 4-13 away

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I don't know about you guys, but when you talk about a good team and winning percentages, it's usually pretty close on average...the stories don't lie, the numbers don't lie...CC is hard to beat at home and it's not "just" because they are of "superior athletic ability" compared to everyone else who plays there...if that was the case then they would have a proportional win record on the road compared to the home games.

Sorry but those figures speak for themselves.

...and as for the last game at Grundy the ref's were just as bad there as they were at CC...yes it happens everywhere, but aparantly it happens at certain places a LOT more than others...funny you would mention that game since roughly 90% of the 24 flags were AGAINST GRUNDY! shocked.gif

Here is the beef of CC's schedule for this year...

10/21 Grundy

10/28 Richlands

11/4 @ Graham

I already know Grundy is screwed when we go down there...if it weren't for Theo, Tigh, and Garon I wouldn't even make the trip down there this year and I'd go watch Richlands or Graham that week...lol.

You Richlands folks had better mark that date on your schedule, it's likely to be your only loss this year...and you probably think I'm kidding about that.

We'll see how that plays out in a month or so...but I suspect there will be nothing short of a full blown riot in Tazewell Co. if they go down there and get the same business this year that everyone else gets who visits there...I was there for the last game Richlands played and if Timmy Brown hadn't thrown that INT at the end to kill Richlands chances you would have heard a lot more "crying" from the Richlands faithfull than you did...because up to that point it was sure going on in the stands. "Grundy all over again" and a lot more was being said. When the QB throws an INT like that in the endzone it's hard to blame the ref's for that...which did end the game...but there was a key play everyone forgot about where Richlands had CC stopped and made them kick a FG, which they missed because it was partially blocked, but Richlands was called for a roughing the kicker because the kid who blocked the kick landed on the holder...CC was given a first down and went on to score...if that call (which was toatlly BS) had not happened...I think Richlands wins that game...that for me was the turning point...another bad call was offensive pass interference on a play where the receiver had the DB beat by 5+ yards...called back and 6 points taken off the board for Richlands.

Just two examples from that game that I believe really affected the outcome. But, like I said in the end they still had a chance to win it and lost on the INT.

Dang you have a good memory. I can't remember that much detail from last week, let alone two years ago. But anyway, I don't think you're kidding. If Richlands plays the way they have all year I don't think officiating or atmosphere or anything else will matter... but if they go down there and get in a dog fight.....

I just felt that Grundy had a better team than CC that year and after seeing what went on in the Grundy game the week before I had to go see if Richlands got it to...and to some extent they did...just not as bad.

The home win record vs. the road win record sure doesn't jive with me...a .875 at home vs. a .450 on the road...how can that possibly be? those numbers are staggering...and people should be asking how that can be?

Goalie, the ride down doesn't bother me at all. I like the long road trips to games.

Lance, the most staggering statistic is Carroll didn't win a game in 2001. They started dominating at home all at once yet still struggle on the road.