The All-Mighty Michigan

EH31

How much longer will Carr be allowed to continually underachieve with all that talent in Ann Arbor? They're loaded every year, just as much as USC, but always fall on their face a couple times a year.

It must be rough being a Michigan fan. I rooting for them to beat Wisconsin last night, since Wisconsin backed out of a future contact with VT last week, and I got frustrated watching them...lol

[ QUOTE ]

It must be rough being a Michigan fan. I rooting for them to beat Wisconsin last night, since Wisconsin backed out of a future contact with VT last week, and I got frustrated watching them...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed that. Did they give a reason? Ohio is trying to back out too. If the BCS teams won't play VT, and the Mid-Major teams won't play them, who will they play?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed that. Did they give a reason? Ohio is trying to back out too. If the BCS teams won't play VT, and the Mid-Major teams won't play them, who will they play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weaver stated on the Hokie Hotline last Monday that Wisconsin's AD had contacted him and they want out of the home-and-home contract that was suppose to start toward the end of the decade. As you know, Barry Alvarez is retiring from coaching at the end of the season and one of his assistants have been tabbed as his replacement. The new coach informed the AD a couple of weeks ago that he didn't want to play VT.

So the question now is, does no one have the balls to play the Hokies? I mean it certainly doesn't look like it. Although, Weaver did say that he contacted Penn State again and they seem to be more responsive this time about a possible series. He also contact Nebraska, but they hadn't returned his call yet.

I forget about Hokie Hotline half the time. I don't why, I've only been listening to it for 10 years.

PSU and Nebraska would be nice. It may come to the point where VT has to agree to 2 for 1 or even 1 for 0. I met an associate AD for Alabama once and asked him about a possible series with Tech and he told me that the Tide couldn't go to Blacksburg because they need seven home games every year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">This should open the UT vs. VT game in 2007 mabye! yay grin.gif </font>

just found out michigan has dropped out of the top 25 for the first time since 1998.... MSU HAS MOVED UP TO 11TH PLACE... grin.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AiluXSp7.Rgf34HTrlZ88fI5nYcB?slug=ap-t25-collegefbpoll&prov=ap&type=lgns

1 Southern California Trojans

2 Texas Longhorns

3 Virginia Tech Hokies

4 LSU Tigers

5 Florida Gators

6 Florida State Seminoles

7 Georgia Bulldogs

8 Ohio State Buckeyes

9 Miami Hurricanes

10 Tennessee Volunteers

11 Michigan State Spartans

12 California Golden Bears

13 Notre Dame Fighting Irish

14 Arizona State Sun Devils

15 Alabama Crimson Tide

16 Texas Tech Red Raiders

17 Wisconsin Badgers

18 Minnesota Golden Gophers

19 Virginia Cavaliers

20 UCLA Bruins

21 Boston College Eagles

22 Purdue Boilermakers

23 Iowa State Cyclones

24 Louisville Cardinals

25 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Way to go Spartans!

I'm with BR on the Carr thing. Michigan is a school that should expect more from it's football team. I'd say he's on the hot seat.

As much as I hate the thought, Hokie fans need pull for the Vols over the Hokie friendly Tigers tomorrow night. An impressive LSU win could put them right back at #3 ahead of Tech.

[ QUOTE ]

As much as I hate the thought, Hokie fans need pull for the Vols over the Hokie friendly Tigers tomorrow night. An impressive LSU win could put them right back at #3 ahead of Tech.

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD, I hate the Hokies so much... I'm gonna pull for LSU tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD, I hate the Hokies so much... I'm gonna pull for LSU tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> I will regretedly pull for UT tonight! confused.gif </font>

instead of making a new thread- ill just continue this one...

so michigan beat us 34-31 in OT... had we not missed out fg we would have taken it in regulation... idk, as much as we all wanted this, it didnt seem like we played with that same heart to win it on the field..we were trailing the whole game then tying it up, then trailing.. but all in all its one of the best games and the most fun i have had a game this year or last year.... and again, even though we lost- Domata Peko's (defensive tackle) interception and run for a TD was one of the most amazing things ive seen...maybe u had to be there.. but it was magical i swear lol- ive never seen so much energy out of that stadium EVER!! if you guys can- make sure to catch the highlights of the game- AMAZING game!!!!

MSU 31

U-M 34

Final (OT)

[ QUOTE ]

had we not missed out fg we would have taken it in regulation...

[/ QUOTE ]

And had Michigan not missed their chip-shot, nearly straight-on FG with less than minute they would have won in regulation themselves. Both teams had a number of opportunties to win the game, but Michigan made the plays to get it done. I'm glad they did too, I had them winning 30-27 in my weekly college pick'em... grin.gif