WVU's finest showing great class...

GMan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Man, you can't just dump a statement like that on us and leave. You've got to give us some expamles.

(Oh God, I hope I'm not walking into a trap.)

[/ QUOTE ]

No please don't give examples. I've not visited that board (and don't plan too), but I can only imagine what is being said and it doesn't belong here.

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen that board before and it's very vulgar. The worst of the worst WVU fans hang out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think one of the "mods" would step up, but I've been told that they encourage the behavior. Oh well, if you want to make your entire fanbase look like a bunch of classless, clueless rednecks b/c you let some act like idiots then that's fine by me. And WVU fans don't know why they're viewed so negatively by the national media and other schools... crazy.gif

It's a shame that a few bad fans give the school such a bad reputation. What's really more sad is that because such a large percentage(something like 45% are out of state) of WVU's students are from out of state and alot of those come from surburban Maryland, they're are the ones burning couches and starting riots and threatening visiting fans. The out of staters really don't care about WV or the result of their behavior. I'm sure there are a few WV natives that follow along and buy into this stuff.

I had tickets for the VT game in Morgantown the last time and couldn't even give them away for free because no one wanted to deal with the fans. The few WVU fans I knew didn't even want to go.

I really think if it weren't for WVU's reputation with its students and fans, that they would have been considered for the ACC rather than BC. Geographically they are a better fit and have existing rivalries with current ACC teams.

The state of WV and WVU as a state institution could easily put a stop to the behavior if they really wanted to do so. The school almost seemingly embodies the reputation.

All schools need to do a better job a policing the student sections and providing better security for fans. Any game you go to, if there are problems most of the time they come from the students.

This is exactly the reason I despise WVU and their athletics, despite the fact that I from WV. I don't mind supporting local or state college teams that have class such as Marshall and Virginia Tech.

sorry, no matter the rep WVU has, i could not under ANY circumstance support or 'pull' for VT.. i was at the infamous trash can game against Miami/WVU several yrs back and the fans were upset but had the players form UM not taunted the student section then i dont feel like any of that mess wouldve occured...the ACC has its thug teams too..such as UM, theyve been in the scrap pile as a team more than anyone else i can remember

[ QUOTE ]

sorry, no matter the rep WVU has, i could not under ANY circumstance support or 'pull' for VT.. i was at the infamous trash can game against Miami/WVU several yrs back and the fans were upset but had the players form UM not taunted the student section then i dont feel like any of that mess wouldve occured...the ACC has its thug teams too..such as UM, theyve been in the scrap pile as a team more than anyone else i can remember

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the fans weren't taunting and cussing the Miami team. Yeh right...get real, buddy!!! WVU is the worst place for any team to have to play period or for any fans to have to go to!!!

Every now and then you will here about some incident at some random school around the country between fans, players, coaches, etc..., but it seems like EVERY team that goes to WVU comes out with horror stories of how fans, players, and coaches were treated. I've been there, I've witnessed it, I've been a victim of it. What some of the Mountaineer fans do at games would be cause for arrest at just about any stadium in the US, but the "officials" of the school just blow it off, the security personnel at the game just blow it off, the A$$WIPE that runs their Rivals.com site allows their hostility to propogate and grow and often encourages it.

And WVU "fans" wonder why they are stuck in the Lil East...hell, they should be glad they are in the Lil East because they wouldn't be able to get away with the things they do in any other LEGITIMATE Conference.

As much as I dislike certain WVU fans, not all, just the bad ones, they are alterboys compared to what I've been told you will find at the Orange Bowl on gameday. I've never been there but I know enough to not even consider it without a large group of Hokies with me.

[ QUOTE ]

..., but it seems like EVERY team that goes to WVU comes out with horror stories of how fans, players, and coaches were treated. I've been there, I've witnessed it, I've been a victim of it. What some of the Mountaineer fans do at games would be cause for arrest at just about any stadium in the US, but the "officials" of the school just blow it off, the security personnel at the game just blow it off, the A$$WIPE that runs their Rivals.com site allows their hostility to propogate and grow and often encourages it.

And WVU "fans" wonder why they are stuck in the Lil East...hell, they should be glad they are in the Lil East because they wouldn't be able to get away with the things they do in any other LEGITIMATE Conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going out on a limb and say that the G-Man has ou the long knife for the BIg East. Hey, don't forget, South Florida is in position to win the BCS birth from the Big East! Now that they have dispached Louisville, that is.

[ QUOTE ]

South Florida is in position to win the BCS birth from the Big East! Now that they have dispached Louisville, that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

And people complained when PITT got the BCS bid last year. If a directional school that was playing 1-AA just a few years ago gets a BCS bid it will be the last one for the BE IMO.

gman, when a team enters another teams stadium they EXPECT to be taunted, they are supposed to be above running over to the student section after a game and instigating an incident and quite frankly, they are lucky the student section didnt pour out onto the field in mass..sometimes when you taunt, you got to put up or shut up..were the fans right?? no, but thats the environment created. and i can tell you first hand that in the 94 sugar bowl in New Orleans my wife and were treated verbally worse by the Gator fans than anyone is ever treated at WVU. you may hate WVU like i hate the chokies but be real, this happens in every league, in every stadium, in every state to some extent, its just some incidents are played out in the media more than others..and VT is not the darling of college football

one more thing, VT wouldnt even be in a 'legitimate conference' if ron mexico had'nt put them on the map, so now we turn to ron mexico jr and the ACC, while im a Vol fan first and a WVU fan second, i can assure you the fans are glad to be rid of the chokies

Guest JJBrickface

GMan u are absolutely crazy if u think WVU fans are so much more evil than any other team. I have pictures of Va Tech fans taunting other fans in Blacksburg, and if u want to see them then I will gladly show you. My roommate went to the game last year in Blacksburg and there were water bottle throwing incidents there by Va Tech fans too. The truth is you are going to find stupid fans everywhere. WVu, Va Tech, even Temple, but that gives u know right to act like WVU is so much worse.

[ QUOTE ]

VT wouldnt even be in a 'legitimate conference' if ron mexico had'nt put them on the map

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank Beamer and the VT fan base put VT on the map. The hokies were winning Big East Championships and playing in BCS bowls before Michael Vick started his freshman year in high school. It was an Al Clark led team that was 3 plays from playing for the National title in 1998 and humilitated the SEC representative in the Music City Bowl.

If the Big East and WVU faithful were glad to be rid of VT as you say then they would have put the expansion blame on Miami where it belongs. They were content with letting Miami go because they thought VT would stay and maintain the BCS bid, which is precisely what would've happened if the league presidents had agreed to sign the offer made by VT. They didn't sign, VT later accepted an offer from the ACC and WVU started crying like little babies.

You all are arguing like little girls!! LOL

Of course there is going to be taunting, cussing, and all other stuff at these games! Just like when we think the refs make a bad call we chant bull$hi* in the student section!

I've been to WVU games and VT games and I've heard random comments come out of no where! One example is when I was at the WVU-Miami game 2 or 3 years ago the whole WVU student section was chanting F U Dorsey

[ QUOTE ]

My roommate went to the game last year in Blacksburg and there were water bottle throwing incidents there by Va Tech fans too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that you failed to mention the fact that the bottle throwing was started by the WVU fans. I stood on the landing in the South Endzone above the WVU fan section after the game and watched the entire thing unfold. After the Tech students celebrated and congratulated the team on the field they made their way to the south endzone. They began chanting "ACC, ACC, ACC" and "Overrated, Overrated, Overrated" at the WVU fans there. The same treatment, and worse, Tech fans were given following the game the previous year. The WVU fans couldn't take their own medicine and the first bottle was thrown from the WVU fan section toward the Tech students on the field. Then another bottle, then another, and then a stadium seat that you could rent.

Finally, after the chair was thrown that's when a couple of students nearly hit by the chair threw cups toward the WVu fans. And before anything else could happen the stadium security quickly stepped in to end the incident and push the Tech student back toward midfield.

So don't try and put an incident off squarely one individual or group b/c someone that was actually there might call you on it.

[ QUOTE ]

check out this link

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is your point? Flipping birds and tossing water bottles is a far cry from physically assaulting people and making death threats. I truly hope VT NEVER plays WVU again after this weekend.

Guest JJBrickface

The only physical assualt that took place at Mountaineer Field two years ago was when Frank Beamer slapped Ernest Wilford!!! Was there any kind of suspension for Mr Beamer?

Next time you watch a football game you should count the number of times a coach smacks a player on the helmet. The only difference in this case is the frustration of both Frank and Ernest came through on camera.

Check the Morgantown police logs from that date. Hokie fans were attacked in the restrooms and parking lots.