How about them Longhorns???

beano5

I disagree, I feel if VT runs the table beating BC, Miami, and possibly FSU in the ACC title game, VT will be in the big show. No disrespect to Texas, but, VT does have a household name (Vick). But this scenario may not even play out. I think USC will get beat. USC still has to play Notre Dame (I smell an upset), Cal, and UCLA. I think it will be VT and Texas for the national title! cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If USC, Tech, and Texas all go undefeated then it will be USC and Texas in playing for the title..No questions asked but personally I would love to see VT and Texas play

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true...

Lord people...just because it happened to Auburn doesn't mean its guaranteed to be the same scenario with Tech. By the time season is over...OSU will more than likely have lost 3 games and be a top 15 team at best...

The strength of schedule and the winning of an ACC championship by VT gives them an ample oppurtunity to surpass Texas in the BCS race. Read about the formula and you will understand that they are not in the same position as Auburn was last year...and that all started wtih VT being ranked about 7 spots higher in pre-season polls than Auburn was last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just happened to Auburn, you have to remember that the BCS only goes smoothly when there are two undefeated teams at the end of the year (Ohio State/Miami Fiesta Bowl).

And your ACC Championship comment, I think the SEC Champion should receive an invation to play in the BCS Championship every year, if they are undefeated. That brings up one more thing, if Alabama runs the table and is unbeaten at the end of the year, the Tide will bypass both Tech and Texas in evey poll.

Yes. It's just a matter of time before the Big East loses it's bid.

WVU, Pitt, UL and UCONN are the best the conference has but none of them, with the exception of Pitt, have the in-state recruiting base they need to have a national presence every year. Pitt is in a talent rich state but they can't out recruit PSU, Mich., OSU and ND in that state.

Best shot for the Big East is for the football only schools to break away from the BB only schools and form a new conference, then somehow convince Notre Dame to join.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes. It's just a matter of time before the Big East loses it's bid.

WVU, Pitt, UL and UCONN are the best the conference has but none of them, with the exception of Pitt, have the in-state recruiting base they need to have a national presence every year. Pitt is in a talent rich state but they can't out recruit PSU, Mich., OSU and ND in that state.

Best shot for the Big East is for the football only schools to break away from the BB only schools and form a new conference, then somehow convince Notre Dame to join.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the NBC "pot of gold" continues to flow into Notre Dame's coffers, and that nine win clause for a BCS bid, there is no chance that the Irish will ever join a conference, ever!

[ QUOTE ]

I hope ND beats the living crap out of USC

I would love to see Vince Young and Marcus Vick battle for the title

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be nice wouldn't it!!!!

But i like to see tech get another shot at usc, because i think tech could have beaten them last year!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Tech Better hope USC loses b/c they don't have a chance...With USC having the best QB and the 2 best RB in the nation

[/ QUOTE ]

Tech had them on the ropes last year when they were young and widely inexperienced. I don't see them allowing that to happen again if they get a second chance.

[ QUOTE ]

Tech Better hope USC loses b/c they don't have a chance...With USC having the best QB and the 2 best RB in the nation

[/ QUOTE ]

As one of the ESPN talking heads said recently, "Virginia Tech is to defense as USC is to offense!" If it happens it should be a great game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As one of the ESPN talking heads said recently, "Virginia Tech is to defense as USC is to offense!" If it happens it should be a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of those same talking heads also said that the Pac-10 was the best conference in college football. I had to wipe up all of the beer that shot out of my nose from laughing so hard.

usc isn't the best... to be the best "team" you have to be great at everything. I won't argue with thier offense, but theyre defense took a big drop since last year.. if notre dame can play 4 quarters against them they'll win.. i hate to say that because i hate n.d. but i hate usc more smile.gif

..VT is the best team in the country.. i don't like them either, just tellin it like it is

yeah i know what ya mean.. i didnt mean it to sound like that. if you look at virginia tech, they have good offense, defense and special teams. The Richmond Spiders could put up 20 on Usc's defense.. their offense bails them out alot. The past 3 weeks they've had to come from behind because their defense gives up the big play. I dont really know how to explain it, but in my opinion Virginia Tech is better than USC and Texas.

i'm not a vt fan, just so everyone knows im not just saying that because they're my fav. team lol