Cola - What Happened at the School Board

Hacker

Big D, wished you were there, Had three School Board members show up like they were truly interested, not quite the same as it was at the TCSB meeting the other night.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Big D, wished you were there, Had three School Board members show up like they were truly interested, not quite the same as it was at the TCSB meeting the other night.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were not interesred...only trying to save their a$$e$...it was all politics...you know - handshaking, baby kissing...so you got a new shower tree out of it...a far cry from a new field house...keep the pressure on them...they are only trying to make themselves not look quite as bad as they actually are...remember, we still hold the power come election time...

Oh Im not implying they changed my mind. I know we need a change and the time is now. I do feel Mr. Steele is the only one that gives a darn about these kids and the archived minutes support this. He has made more motions to get things done then the rest combined.

Amen GMan......been there......seen that. The faces of politics may change, but the motivation remains the same.... if it be money or power, hang on to what you have and get more as fast as you can. I have seen a few exceptions thru the years, but they are rare. That is not to say that all elected officials are heartless and uncaring. It's just that, somewhere along the way, original intent fades and most are overcome by vanity, greed, or some other unseemly human trait and this affects their performance on behalf of those that entrusted them with their children, money, etc. Their job is to do the best they can with what they have to work with and our job is to see to it that they do..... and not just on election day. A big at-a-boy to Cola and all who went to the meeting. A shower tree isn't a lot; but it's more than we had last month. In itself, a single snowflake isn't much, but get enough of them together and they can shut down an interstate. Dang, I need a break..... my feet are hurting from standing on this soapbox. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh Im not implying they changed my mind. I know we need a change and the time is now. I do feel Mr. Steele is the only one that gives a darn about these kids and the archived minutes support this. He has made more motions to get things done then the rest combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason Steele does that is to kiss the A$$e$ of the other board members so they don't close his school (Pocahontas)...he is the WORST of the bunch!!!

We met today @ 3:45 pm. They showed us that pretty new shower tree and the paint job in the locker room. pretty much advised us the earliest the SB could consider the Activity Complex would be January, Im sorry, We as a community have waited too long now. Dont guess I should become a politician, but its a time for a change, I am a simple person that hears one thing and read another. I have made my decision for the upcoming election and its time for a change. would love some company!

Having been around politicians for quite a few years, this is a prime example of throwing the dog a bone. I am glad to see that you see through the game.

Stick to your guns. As Gman likes to say, change is coming.

Well they are two seats up this year and I havent seen where they have to contributed to our youth, especially when they agree the need was present when they took office and they havent made "valid attempts to act".

Even if you get into office, i very seriously doubt that you will get a new 1 million dollar field house. Now a days what you build for the boys, you have to build for the girls, or get them something in the exact same value. So i doubt even if you ever got in office, you will not get your field house. To much money. So unless you can get 2 million, i dont see a fieldhouse coming into the picture

It wasn't just a field house, it was a activities building I believe? I remember the first floor plans, they had a workout room, place for exercising, everything.... It wouldn't just be for the guys, I don't believe.

Hold on, I am not running for any office, I am working with some great community partners to get something done. We are working toward an activities complex that will provide enough office space, and a band room, a new locker room , a new weight training room designed to accomodate all sports. a multii prpose room" Mini gymnasiium" , choir room, showers rooms and more. Mind you we are still in the planning stage , but we are truly planning to achieve this goal. Any one interested can get involved by stepping up and rolling up your sleves. This is for every child that wants to use it.

it's a great thing what you people are doing, really didn't know a whole lot till i chatted with cola yesterday, the more this continues the more backing that will come. the fire-power will come, hopefully you guys will provide something that all athletes can be proud of.

It was already a multi-sport, multi-use facility. If you don't get everyone involved in the plans and building of this, Then it is a waste of time. Our kids won't get any use of this mine or cola's, But if we don't try then our children will be trying to do this for their kids and so on. You want to clean up or fix something that is not worth the money or time. You just want to bail water out, instead of fixing the leak. The kid's that have played here for the last four years and before; deserve better. If this town,county, and swd are proud of the teams that they have,Then they should help them any way they can. And to you that think that they do not need or that it is a waste of money or time, I'm sorry we disagree with you. These teams represent you and this area, so give them every chance to represent this school and area, with a place that is decent enough to be in. I'm sure if some of the non-believer's kid's had to be in this locker room, they would change some minds. I hope this don't sound smart. But these kid's and future athletes need our help not our criticisim.......GO BLUES!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

i for one dont begrudge any school anything but if you start to spend money on one school for a multipurpose building then you have to look at the other schools in the county and say what about them. i for one know that grahams gym and locker and shower areas and weight room are barely big enough to turn around in.granted graham does not play at the highschool but the area is not no where as good. and my question is will all students at richlands get the benifit of this or will it just be for sports. if all get benifit then you will have to look at what about tazewell graham and pocahontas do they not deserve the same as richlands. then where does the money come from. i am not saying that i dont support you guys but you have to think outside richlands also. the money for this would come from all residents in the county and the other kids throughout the county would not benifit from this.