river ridge games

hitter

cave spring knights 5-0 at blacksburg bruins 1-4

salem spartans 5-0 at christiansburg blue demons 4-1

pulaski county cougars 3-2 at hidden valley titans 5-0 <font color="brown"> </font> <font color="brown"> </font>

besides richlands is the swd down this year and will they be surprised by the toughness of other teams? graham beat blacksburg in ot and they are in last having just lost to northside ! the swd is usually very tough but carrol county had a last second field goal to beat 0-6 william byrd 23-21!

by the way if richlands makes the state championship i would like to set something up for richlands fans to stop over in salem for some food and drink before they head on to lynchburg! their hospitality was very classy to we salem fans last year!

I disagree with you there!!! The SWD is not down this year 4 of the five teams are playoff bound!!! Last year all 5 teams were in!!! So i can not agree with you that the SWD is down this year!!!! tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

by the way if richlands makes the state championship i would like to set something up for richlands fans to stop over in salem for some food and drink before they head on to lynchburg! their hospitality was very classy to we salem fans last year!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great gesture! Maybe if everything works out for the Blues we can take you up on it.

I wouldn't say the SWD is down. Graham is much improved since last year, and even since early this year. Tazewell is starting to build some momentum. Their record at this point last year was about the same as now, but they finished strong and made it deep into the playoffs. I don't know much about Carroll (not many in the swd do) but so far the seem to be improved since last year. I would say the only team that's really down is Grundy.

[ QUOTE ]

The SWD is not down this year 4 of the five teams are playoff bound!!!

[/ QUOTE ]well.. thats because the highlands distric and the smaller piedmont schools are in that reigon.. lol