Bluefield 21, Mount View 13--FINAL

Bluefield_Rules

Bluefield not only won their fifth straight game over Mount View, but their fifth straight game on the season to improve to 5-2. Bluefield rushed for 343 yards tonight on 42 carries. The Beavers are now one win away from locking up a playoff berth and will travel to AA #4 Herbert Hoover (6-1) next Friday night.

Mount View reverted back to their typical selves late in the game with two interceptions inside the Bluefield 40 and finally a running into the kicker penalty on 4 and 2 with about 1 min and something remaining in the game. That allowed Bluefield to run more time off the clock and give them the ball back with less than 20 seconds remaining. Bluefield had 324 yards of offense, while Mount View had 256.

Like I was telling Bluefield_Rules, McClanahan really impressed me tonight. He has very good success on the roll out passes to the right and he completed several of those early in the game, which helped his confidence tremendously. Later in the game I saw him telling other plays where to go and making shifts in the backfield. He just looked very confident and relaxed the entire game.

Game Ball to Freddie Simon Jr!! I assume he was the one who made the switch to the T formation. After the switch Bluefield was very succesful on the ground. McClanahan also hit some big passes tonight and seems to be a bit more comfortable.

ive said it before, when Mclanahan came into the graham game, i wasnt impressed, much the opposite, but his father was/is a friend of mine from elementary school on and while he didnt play much organized ball, he was a tremendous athlete and rough as sandpaper..but a super nice guy, id expect his kids to be the same way so perhaps he just needs these few games as a confidence builder..good luck to him and the Beavs

[ QUOTE ]

Game Ball to Freddie Simon Jr!! I assume he was the one who made the switch to the T formation. After the switch Bluefield was very succesful on the ground. McClanahan also hit some big passes tonight and seems to be a bit more comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game Ball taken away from Freddie, Jr....went away from the T-formation in the second half and the offense struggled...runs between the tackles with the Clydesdales were killing Mount View...runs around the end with the race horses=negative yardage...Mount View has tremendous speed but is not physical...smashmouth football=success against the Knights...just my opinion...

chris, i plan on comin in for one of the next 2..i thought about the HH game if anyone else is goin, since i expect that to the better game and its near my old stompin grounds but id love to see them kick the dog out of JM so i just might come in for whichever game is gonna have the most pre/after game fun...any of you goin down to hoover??

Some misc. thoughts on the game.

Bluefield really benefitted from on the ground with their fb's, agree with g - man, there wasn't much there most of the night going outside against them.

Mount view could really benefit from a good fb.

Bluefield's qb did play well, and executed the passing game well. Another play I think would be big is a play action rollout to the right side.

Shawn brooks seems to do better every game, he was 1 tackle from going the distance on 1 play and overall is an exceptional football player. I expect he'll be a big player in '06 and '07, '07 he might very well simply dominate.

Bluefield's d also does better every week overall.

Fumbles are still a situation for bluefield.

Congrats to bluefield though.

Mount view was very sizeable and fast, hard to believe how sizeable they were really. With the disipline and fundamentals they'd compete well with any aaa team in my opinion. That's about as underachieving group of talent I've seen, with all due respect to their program.

If I were mount view's coach, I'd write down a basic playbook of about 6 plays, and tell whoever is doing the o that's all you have to use, and have their athletism do everything else, and I'd tell them don't stop a certain play till the other team stops it a few times.

Good fortune to mount view, they had an exceptional crowd as always and God willing perhaps some soeason they'll have a team that matches their talent with their game consistently.

God bless!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Game Ball taken away from Freddie, Jr....went away from the T-formation in the second half and the offense struggled...runs between the tackles with the Clydesdales were killing Mount View...runs around the end with the race horses=negative yardage...Mount View has tremendous speed but is not physical...smashmouth football=success against the Knights...just my opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

They only went away from the T for a few plays. Mt. View was able to contain the T a little better in the 2nd half. Gotta question the play calling of the Mt View coaching staff. Seemed to me the sweep with the High kid was somewhat successful and they went away from it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They only went away from the T for a few plays. Mt. View was able to contain the T a little better in the 2nd half. Gotta question the play calling of the Mt View coaching staff. Seemed to me the sweep with the High kid was somewhat successful and they went away from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They went away from the T almost the entire second half...they ran out of the power I and gave the ball to the Brooks kid most of the time. It would have been fine giving the ball to Brooks out of the power I if they slammed the line with the Clydesdales and Brooks following them. However, when they ran out of the Power I, one fullback would go one direction, the other fullback would go another direction, and Brooks would go a third direction and get stacked up at the line. The only success Bluefield had running the halfbacks last night was when the HB followed the Clydesdales...the off-tackle play with the Horses leading the way worked great out of the T.